G27 vs Kahr PM40

G27 vs Kahr PM40

This is a discussion on G27 vs Kahr PM40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Kahr, like it well enough. I like the slimness but dislike the single stack capasity that the slimness necessitates. I saw a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G27 vs Kahr PM40

G27 vs Kahr PM40

I have the Kahr, like it well enough. I like the slimness but dislike the single stack capasity that the slimness necessitates.

I saw a Glock 27 for $445 out the door and am tempted to replace the Kahr.

Thoughts? I'm conflicted...
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

The Kahr is much easier to conceal and much lighter than the G27, but I found that the recoil from the Kahr made follow-up shots difficult. The G27 is much more controllable and shootable, and it has that lovely 9+1 capacity (or even 10+1 with an extender, or 15+1 with a G22 mag as backup).

The only downside is that it's bulkier and heavier. I find there are places I can take the Kahr where the G27 won't conceal, but the G27 can go most places pretty easily given the proper dress.

If you like .40 and want more capacity than the Kahr, the G27 is a great choice.

I own a P40 and a G27. The P40 is a little easier to conceal and a little more comfy IWB. But the G27 is a little more comforting. Glock 10 round mag and a G22 mag as a spare gives me a total of 26 rounds. It dpends on where I am going and what I am wearing to determine which to carry.

I would say keep the PM40 and get the G27. If you cannot do this financially then you have a tough decision. If I had to choose, I would go with the Glock.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Either one are fine weapons, wich can you more accurately control,and hold?

I'd say Glock would have better reliability when it really REALLy comes down to it.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

If you can or are willing to conceal the Glock 27, it is a much better gun, IMHO.
    www.RKBAconcealment.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

I do not have a Kahr presently. I had a stainless 9mm Kahr years ago and plan on getting the PM9 soon for pocket carry. I do have a Glock 27 and it is one of my favorites. It is extremely accurate and gives you a LOT of firepower. That being said, the G27 is not a pocket pistol at all.
    If you wore your Kahr OWB or IWB with a untucked shirt the Glock will be an awesome replacement. You may notice the weight increase but it still is not much extra weight. The thickness is negligible for the untucked shirt mode of carry.

The G27 is also a pleasure to shoot one or two hundred rounds thru per session. I imagine the PM40 is more of a carry a lot shoot a little gun compared.

I am not a 9mm person but will buy the PM9 since it sounds like an excellent compromise of power in a pocket sized gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I'd say Glock would have better reliability when it really REALLy comes down to it.
    Yeah, that's my thinking too. All my Glocks go bang when asked to...once in a great while my Kahr has a hiccup.

Nothing I couldn't remedy I suppose.

I carry G29 almost all the time. But rarely when my clothing (suit) won't allow the bulk, I have been carrying the PM40 or PAT3 .380 in pants pocket...always wishing my 10mm were on board.

I can keep both but then that just put's off THE decision of which to strap on...

More thoughts?
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrown777 View Post
    Yeah, that's my thinking too. All my Glocks go bang when asked to...once in a great while my Kahr has a hiccup.

Nothing I couldn't remedy I suppose.

I carry G29 almost all the time. But rarely when my clothing (suit) won't allow the bulk, I have been carrying the PM40 or PAT3 .380 in pants pocket...always wishing my 10mm were on board.

I can keep both but then that just put's off THE decision of which to strap on...

More thoughts?
    I'm in the same exact boat. I really really want to sell my XD and get a Para Nitehawg or Springfield EMP now, grass is always greener. I also have a p3at that is my EDC b/c how easy it is when I'm leaving work (cintas uniform) or to-and-fro class. Usually I wish I had my .40 with me,not the little peeshooter .380,lol.

I've been thikning about a "happy medium",like a pf9 or p11, 9mm so is more 'potent' than the .380,but still easier to conceal....other thought is something like a Taurus or Charter revolver,... I have an odd feeling my stable will keep growing and growing,...

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Greener grass...ain't it the truth?

I haven't sold anything on any of the auction sites, so I'm inclined to just keep the PM40 and add the G27...too complicated to sell?

I'd vote against selling it if possible. My first ever handgun, CZ40p, I never really used it after I got the p3at,but will always regret selling it. It'll take alot to pry the p3at from me

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrown777 View Post
    Greener grass...ain't it the truth?

I haven't sold anything on any of the auction sites, so I'm inclined to just keep the PM40 and add the G27...too complicated to sell?

I say keep it! I have had a G26 for a long time and just added the PM9 to the stable and love having a choice. Both are great guns and both have advantages depending on the situation and mode of carry. Something else I really like is that they both work well in the SmartCarry.
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

VIP Member
    I don't have any experience with the Kahr, but I do own a G27 and I like it a lot. In fact my son and I bought ours at the same time and he likes his too. It's concealable, reliable, decent mag capacity and caliber.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

why the g-27 ofcourse.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I bought the G27. Couldn't resist. Yes it is bulkier than my PM40, but I do feel better having the capasity and increased controlability.

However, I will be less inclined to carry as opposed to my G29, which is, not all that much larger.

I may list the PM40 with holsters on GunBroker.com later this week. Just don't need it..."need"...ha ha...

Yeah, with 12 handguns..."need" is kinda silly...eh? At least I know what a wife would say if I had one, but only hear it in my head now, so no worries.

Good choice! That 27 is one of my favorites. Incredibly accurate and lots of firepower. You can cary it all day (I usually carry an extra 13 rounder in the front pocket and a 10 rounder on the belt) and forget you have it on when you get home.

Yeah, I hear those wife noises / voices too. It could drive one nuts; good thing for my denial / squeltch mode....guns, wife, guns, wife, guns, wife, and what is the wife's purpose again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links