Stoeger 8000

This is a discussion on Stoeger 8000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone shot a Stoeger 8000 9mm? I believe it is a copy of the old Beretta Cougar. I am particularly interested in any "hands ...

Thread: Stoeger 8000

Stoeger 8000

Has anyone shot a Stoeger 8000 9mm? I believe it is a copy of the old Beretta Cougar. I am particularly interested in any "hands on" you might have as a shooter.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have the Beretta Cougar in .40. I have found it to be very accurate, feels fine in my hands and is my current carry. My wife and daughter for some reason always end up with ftf's shooting that weapon however. They are not able to manage or grip it quite right I guess - it works fine for me. In 9mm it might be fine for them too. Trigger is a long take-up when in single action however. My Glock friends tell me to sell it asap and get the Glock. I am close to buying a G27, but am not ready to sell the Cougar. :-)
    Allen

G27, Beretta 8040, Ruger GP100

Dittos--VERY accurate thanks to the rotating barrel. It's not really a small pistol, and it's heavy (which I believe lead to it's demise and to the rise of the PX4). I'll keep mine, in fact it's resting in a book holster right next to me right now.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I went to every gun shop within a 50 mile radius and most hadn't even heard of a Stoeger Cougar, yes they are small town shops, but I almost expect more out of them then the dude behind the counter at Bass Pro, BTW even he didn't know what I was talking about. If I could find one locally I would buy one. Don't feel like internet shoppong right now. I really want to hold one in my hand.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

The Stoeger is exactly the same thing as the Beretta but now it's made in Turkey and costs less. All parts interchange.

At sportsman's warehouse we generally have the 9mm in stock. It runs 329.99. I have personally sold 2 of them, I think we have sold 7 or 8 in the whole store. None of them have come back so far. I am not completely sure if all the parts interchange with the cougar, but I know they use the same mags.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Mine is accurate and dependable. Not any problems at all and a joy to shoot as well. Now if I could just find one locallly in .40 caliber.......................

Stoeger Cougar

The Stoeger Cougar is the same gun as The Beretta Cougar. The sales of the Beretta Cougar were slow due to the high cost so Beretta shipped all of the machinery to Turkey to make them over there at about half the cost. Same metal, same steel, same machinery. Beretta owns Stoeger. Only the rollmark is different.

Had a Mini-Cougar .40 myself. Torqued pretty bad to me.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

Not for me

Shot one today and hated that long first trigger pull then the subsequent little itty bitty single action pull - yuk. I will stick with my 1911s and DA revolvers.

Thanks for the input though.

Links