10 mm Glock Gun show

This is a discussion on 10 mm Glock Gun show within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the Elk City Oklahoma gun show today with one of our reserve deputies. Not a big show and while I was looking ...

Thread: 10 mm Glock Gun show

10 mm Glock Gun show

I went to the Elk City Oklahoma gun show today with one of our reserve deputies. Not a big show and while I was looking for a Sharps 45/70 for my wife he found a 10 mm Glock that is ported and had 8 boxes of ammo included. He offered the seller $550 and the guy agreed. When we got back to my house we tried it out along with my Sig. 40 that I normally carry. I was quite impressed as I'd never shot a 10mm before much less a compensated Glock. It handled easy and was quick back on target. We were shooting my dueling tree and some other steel targets I've got in my front yard. The point of impact was right at just above the front sight. No need to adjust anything. The gun had been modified with some kind of sticky back sandpaper on the grips but we removed it with a heat gun before starting and it didn't even leave a mark. All in all it was a pretty good day but my wife didn't get her Sharps 45/70. There was one IEB Italian reproduction but I was unimpressed with it. She want's the Quigley version with a 34 inch barrel.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I had a chance to shoot a compensated G17 a while back - was most impressed with the extra control possible. Sure seems to work.

Sounds like your deputy buddy did quite well as I am sure there is quite a premium on the comp models - plus that ammo is worth a few bucks too.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

ha...yeah...even uncompensated...I think the G20 or 29 are very controlable. I rarely carry my .40's anymore.

10mm rules!
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

I've had a 29 on my want list for a long time. Just don't run across them very often.

The 20 is a lot of fun to shoot. You'll enjoy that.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I've had a 29 on my want list for a long time. Just don't run across them very often.

The 20 is a lot of fun to shoot. You'll enjoy that.

Randy
    I enjoy shooting my 29!
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

got a 20 and 29 love them both get some double tap ammo for it and see what the 10mm can do
    osCommerce
    i have had both of mine for around 11 years

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Good find, Good price.

note: I don't recommend frangible rounds in the compensated models. They tend to make the gun dirty and you can get some blowback through the ports.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I'll let my buddy know about the frangible rounds. I just spoke with him and he ordered another 6 magazines and 6 boxes of JHP ammo for it today. HE takes the reserve deputy serious and is not going to get caught without enough ammo in the field. Thanks for the heads up.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Links