Choosing my CCW between these guns. .

This is a discussion on Choosing my CCW between these guns. . within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Glock 36..A Glock 26.. or a Kahr PM9. I'll sooner or later buy more than one but for now my first one. Whatcha think?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing my CCW between these guns. .

A Glock 36..A Glock 26.. or a Kahr PM9. I'll sooner or later buy more than one but for now my first one. Whatcha think?

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Glock 26.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    XD,...

but really,out of those,G36,...

EDIT: Really,they are all fine weapons. Go rent them,shoot them,hold them,get a feel for 'em,..

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

agree with ghetto...on the XD, that is...j/k, you should hit up the range and find out what shoots best for you. All are fine pistols...go with whatever YOU shoot best.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Have you held/played with all of 'em?

If you can conceal them, then I'd probably say the 36 or 26. If not, the PM9 is a fine gun as well.

I have a CW9 and very happy with it. Single stack so it's very thin and hides well. Shoots well and so far have close to ~500 rounds through it with no problems at all.

Administrator
    I'd go with one of the Glocks, unless you are an experianced shooter. I do have all three of those you mentioned, and I say that because the PM9 can be a little unfriendly to new shooters. The are small, light and that makes for problems if you dont know what to do with such a small gun. I'd venture to say that most of the horror stories we hear about the Kahrs is user error.

I am a Kahr fan, and love my PM9. It conceal very nice, and once you learn its oddities, its a great ccw to have in your stable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Sig 239...

sorry, not one of the choices

too bad

VIP Member
    +1 to Sixto. I have a Kahr and they can be unfriendly to new shooters... but they are really easy to carry. I'd start with one of the Glocks.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

second that on the XDsc

Glock 26 is probably the way to go. They are super reliable and easy to shoot, plus have good capacity.

Rather than getting the Glock 36, I'd go with a Kahr CW45. I just picked one up, and it is a better platform for 6+1 .45 than the Glock 36 for me. It feels MUCH better in the hand, is thinner and lighter, and prettier to boot! Plus, I love the smooth double action trigger pull. Recoil is not bad, but if you are a novice, I'd perhaps try the CW9 first, for the reduced recoil.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I have the Glock 36 and the Kahr.

Glock always funtions perfectly and is dead on for accuracy.
    Kahr, as much as I "like" it...does not do as well.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

How doy you intend to carry? PM9 is the only pocket pistol of the bunch. I carry pocket only and it's an easy fit. The Glocks might fit Cargos but thats all.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboyz View Post
    A Glock 36..A Glock 26.. or a Kahr PM9. I'll sooner or later buy more than one but for now my first one. Whatcha think?
    whichever you can shoot more accurately
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I'd favor the G26 out of the choices, mainly because I have the G27. They're the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTXCop View Post
    +1 to Sixto. I have a Kahr and they can be unfriendly to new shooters... but they are really easy to carry. I'd start with one of the Glocks.
    What's the issue with the Kahrs?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links