p99

This is a discussion on p99 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what is the main difference between the as and the qa? i read it somewhere but now i cant find it. please help me =O)...

Thread: p99

p99

what is the main difference between the as and the qa? i read it somewhere but now i cant find it. please help me =O)

2. Remove Ads

Try over at the Walther Forums. There is plenty of imformation in the P99 section.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    what is the main difference between the as and the qa? i read it somewhere but now i cant find it. please help me =O)

palm:

The "AS" is the traditional DA/SA. I believe the P99/QA is either "Glocklike", or DAO. I think "Glocklike".

Folks at WaltherForums - Powered by vBulletin can help you out with specifics.

Both of my P99's are "AS" versions, and for my tastes the DA/SA trigger/striker is perfect.

Best Wishes,

JPomeroy

Assistant Administrator
    Yep - sounds right! I have the ''as'' tho mine is a SW99 - same animal. I find it very easy to use ... one benefit I suspect of striker firing ... the DA pull being excellent. Surprisingly accurate gun and usually I keep mine with the extended base mags.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I really like the DA/SA on my SW99. Also, if you have one in the pipe, and have used the decocker, it takes almost no effort at all to recock by moving the slide. This mechanism provides a great way to carry safely. That is, one in the pipe, gun decocked. It can then easily be fired either DA for first round, or you can quickly recock with a slight tug on the slide.

There are things I don't like about my SW 99C in .40; but the DA/SA and decocker are great.

on the 99c how long is the front side of the grip from the trigger guard to the bottom of the finger extension? the more i read about this gun the more i am wanting one but cant find one locally. i can find the reg. p99 but noone seems to have the compact. kinda wanna know what i am looking at size wise.

Assistant Administrator
    on the 99c how long is the front side of the grip from the trigger guard to the bottom of the finger extension?
    From trigger guard to bottom of grip itself is .. 1 1/2" ... then (on my extended mags) add another inch.... so 2 1/2". That mag extension makes even this gun's small grip, spot on for my quite large hands.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I really like the DA/SA on my SW99. Also, if you have one in the pipe, and have used the decocker, it takes almost no effort at all to recock by moving the slide. This mechanism provides a great way to carry safely. That is, one in the pipe, gun decocked. It can then easily be fired either DA for first round, or you can quickly recock with a slight tug on the slide.
    the DA/SA and decocker are great.
    I have the P99c AS and +1 on what Hopyard wrote. If you practice the D/A first pull, you can get great accuracy, and each pull thereafter is a very sweet S/A, or if you want to then reholster you can simply decock the striker and be back to D/A for safer carry. It also has a second strike capability, which is a nice feature.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links