Who's familiar with the .357 SIG? - Page 2

Who's familiar with the .357 SIG?

This is a discussion on Who's familiar with the .357 SIG? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All I know is that when I qualified for PD I was next to a guy shooting a .357 SIG out of a Sig. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's familiar with the .357 SIG?

Muzzle Blast

All I know is that when I qualified for PD I was next to a guy shooting a .357 SIG out of a Sig. I got very tired of being hit by the muzzle blast. Fun to listen to but a pain to stand next to.

I was between that Sig and a guy shooting a revolver. Muzzle blast on the left and powder burns on the right. I need to pay closer attention next time to which spot on the line I choose.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

The .357 Sig very closely replicates the ballistics of the .357 Mag...but ONLY in the lighter weight bullets (i.e. 125 gr.). As the bullet weight increases the .357 Sig can't keep up with the Mag's numbers, so it's efficiency (and effectiveness) declines. The .357 Sig does what it was designed to do - match the impressive stopping-power record of the 125 gr. .357 Magnum as Police Departments moved away from revolvers & into hi-cap autoloaders. As for 9mm +P+ or .40 S&W comparisons? Between those options it's good shooting, not caliber, that stops the fight. I, for one, LIKE the flat-shooting, hard-hitting nature of the 125 gr. .357 Sig when handgun hunting for coyotes with my converted GLOCK G24.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Flatness of shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    As for 9mm +P+ or .40 S&W comparisons? Between those options it's good shooting, not caliber, that stops the fight. I, for one, LIKE the flat-shooting, hard-hitting nature of the 125 gr. .357 Sig when handgun hunting for coyotes with my converted GLOCK G24.
    Regarding the "flatness" of shooting, any 9mm, .40 S&W or .357 Sig bullet with a muzzle velocity of 1350 ft/sec will have almost exactly the same trajectory and drop out to reasonable ranges for a handgun, such as 100 yards. The drop of a bullet fired horizontally depends upon the time of flight from muzzle to the point at which the drop is measured, and time of flight depends primarily on velocity.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links