The Glock allure infection is resurfacing... - Page 3

The Glock allure infection is resurfacing...

This is a discussion on The Glock allure infection is resurfacing... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't been able to post on Glocktalk.it says my IP is banned...don't know why as I've E mailed the Administrator....geesh Tangle? It is futile ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Glock allure infection is resurfacing...

I haven't been able to post on Glocktalk.it says my IP is banned...don't know why as I've E mailed the Administrator....geesh
    Tangle? It is futile to resist the Force. Give in to the Tupperware

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Your brave, if you’re hanging out over there.

I lurk a lot but don’t post much. Not always the most civil place.
    You do speak the truth! Some really immature attitudes show up sometimes.

And since nobody can see these messages but us, I'm second in line on a gen 2 G19. So if the first guy doesn't come through, I may become a proud Glock Perfection owner - wait, I've already got six Glocks.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    I haven't been able to post on Glocktalk.it says my IP is banned...don't know why as I've E mailed the Administrator....geesh
    Have you been acting too civil maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Tangle? It is futile to resist the Force. Give in to the Tupperware
    I'm pinching my fingers between bullets and Sig mag lips - the pain helps me resist.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    If you want to experience pure Glock Bliss, just pick up a 45GAP Glock and FEEL THE FORCE.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

JT
    I do not think I will be tempted by the 45 GAP, only because I already have too many different caibers.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I'm second in line on a gen 2 G19. So if the first guy doesn't come through, I may become a proud Glock Perfection owner - wait, I've already got six Glocks.
    You have 6 Glocks and it's not even your favorite platform? Wow.

That's why you are being sucked back into the dark side. You did not perform a Glock exorcism. I am able to perform them. I can cleanse your house of all Glocks. I won’t even charge you.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

I posted a few pix in the 40 vs 357 Sig thread.I got a 357 sig BBl for my Glock 29 tonight....gonna try it out tomorrow night against the 40, 10mm, and 357 sig
    Tangle....you know you want one. You know I'm telling truthful things. You KNOW you desire a Glock 29 in 10MM to be a big dawg. It doesn't hurt, very plesent to shoot, and see, you can find a 357 Sig BBl to zip it up a little

Senior Moderator
    You have 6 Glocks and it's not even your favorite platform? Wow.

That's why you are being sucked back into the dark side. You did not perform a Glock exorcism. I am able to perform them. I can cleanse your house of all Glocks. I won’t even charge you.
    In addition to the 6 I currently own, I did have a G21, G30, G17, G23, G22, and a G34. Kinda miss the G34, but I didn't find it so "Practical"; the barrel is long and it always "bottomed out" on the chairs/seats.

Back in those days I musta had full blown Glockcoma.

So, you think if I sent you all my Glocks that I'd get better?

JT
    In addition to the 6 I currently own, I did have a G21, G30, G17, G23, G22, and a G34. Kinda miss the G34, but I didn't find it so "Practical"; the barrel is long and it always "bottomed out" on the chairs/seats.

Back in those days I musta had full blown Glockcoma. :
    That was quite a collection

So, you think if I sent you all my Glocks that I'd get better?
    Yes, I guarntee it.

Because I am such a nice guy, I will even reimburse you for the postage so it will not cost you anything to rid yourself of them.

ewwwwwwww, Glocks got cooties

Wayne

Edited: Never in my life before now have I tried to spell the word (?) COOTIE. So don't blame me
    Last edited by Wayne; August 27th, 2005 at 10:46 PM.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    ewwwwwwww, Glocks got cutties

Wayne
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    ewwwwwwww, Glocks got cutties

Wayne
    Hmmm...... I believe "Wayne" was saying "Golcks got COOTIES" <bugs>.....
    I have a couple of Glocks, but none of what he was attempting to say...But they DO tend to be infective in certain ways..

Senior Moderator
    ...Because I am such a nice guy, I will even reimburse you for the postage so it will not cost you anything to rid yourself of them.
    I don't know JT, I'd feel like I was taking advantage of you.

Whoh!!! hold up. Lets get back to the safty issue.
    Safety is an issue with me too. I have to leave "it" in the car quite a bit and I'm pretty comfortable with a chambered 1911, USP, 226, or XD, under the seat, in the glove box or console. But I get pretty uneasy about putting a Glock in those places.
    Glocks are not that fragle. They have been field tested, by being droped out of a helocopter onto pavement. I think it would be safe under the seat of a vehical.

Now mind you Im not a diehard Glockoholic. If I knew about the XD when I bought mine, I would have definatly got the XD instead. My next purches will be a Springfield. Not the XD, but a 1911 compact. Springfield DOES rock!!!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Whoh!!! hold up. Lets get back to the safty issue.

Glocks are not that fragle. They have been field tested, by being droped out of a helocopter onto pavement. I think it would be safe under the seat of a vehical.
    I'm not the least bit concerned about a Glock "drop" firing; it's the easy to pull trigger that makes me uneasy. The Glock trigger has both a shorter and lighter pull than most DAOs. I always am concerned about that tube of lipstick, etc., etc. that was lost in the glove box that can get into the trigger guard.

The XD won't fire if something gets in the trigger unless the grip safety is depressed; a 1911 won't fire if the thumb safety is on or if the grip safety is not drepressed. A Sig, Beretta, H&K DA or variation has such a long, heavy trigger that it is highly unlikely a foreign object could cause a discharge.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but every time I start to slide a loaded Glock under the seat, I wonder if something hanging under the seat is going to engage the trigger. Given such a situation, a Glock would fire much easier than a gun with a longer heavier trigger or an external automatic or manual safety.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links