My new Bersa Thunder 380CC

This is a discussion on My new Bersa Thunder 380CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got done breaking in my new Bersa Thunder 380CC and I have to say I'm very impressed and happy with this little gun. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Bersa Thunder 380CC

My new Bersa Thunder 380CC

Just got done breaking in my new Bersa Thunder 380CC and I have to say I'm very impressed and happy with this little gun. It came dripping in some sort of protectant, so I disassembled it, blasted with Gun Scrubber, and then gave it a good coat of Break Free CLP. A little Militec-1 grease on the slide and rails finished it off. I wasn't too thrilled with the stock plastic grips, so they were replaced with Bubinga wood grips from marschalgrips.com

Day 1: 250 rounds of MagTech FMJ .380:

No FTF, FTE, jams or hiccups of any kind.

Cleaned her up and went back to the range the next day.

Day 2: 225 rounds of Winchester(Walmart)White Box FMJ .380 and 25 rounds of Corbon DPX JHP .380:( I was a little concerned as the WWB .380 is a blunt-nosed round)

Once again with all the above, no jams or hiccups of any kind, Yay!

This will now become my EDC. It's small and light enough for pocket carry. It will replace a Kel-Tec P-3AT I was trying to break in for my EDC, but cannot fire even a single magazine without multiple jams and other problems.

This gun is scary accurate considering it has almost non-existent sights. I used 7 inch oval Shoot-N-C targets stuck to silhouettes and was drilling the hell out of them at 5, 7 and 12 yards.

For $255, not a bad little gun!

Bersa Thunder 380CC
    **actually, the gun is 16.4 oz unloaded, not 23 oz as the website states**

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

2. Remove Ads

What's the thickness of that little guy? None of my dealers stock them. Maybe overall dimensions please.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What's the thickness of that little guy? None of my dealers stock them. Maybe overall dimensions please.
    They are a bit hard to find. I special ordered mine through a broker and waited a few weeks for it.

CALIBER: .380 ACP
    OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
    ACTION: Double Action
    OVERALL LENGTH: 6"
    HEIGHT: 4.54"
    WIDTH: 1.05"
    BARREL LENGTH: 3.2"
    WEIGHT: 16.4 oz without magazine
    MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 8 Rounds
    TRIGGER PULL: 8 to 13 lbs. Double Action / 5 to 7 lbs. Single Action
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Administrator
    I like the grips, they make a big difference in the appearance.
    "Just blame Sixto"

great guns. i have the fullsize 380

Thanks guys...look like that little monster is thicker and more bulky than a Colt Officer's, and only a .380 vs a .45acp. I thought they were small!

I also love my Bersa .380 CC. Bought it Jan. 1st as a New Years present to myself. No complaints of any kind here. Good little gun.

Does anyone have a photo of one next to an Officers or Kimber Ultra? Seems the measurements are equal or greater than the 45 minis...

I don't, but the gun is based off the Walther PPK if that helps at all...

It does, and thank you...I have an old PPK in my safe. It's bulkier than an Ultra or Officer's model. You guys that think you're getting a handy little CCW should really check out the shorty 1911's. The punch form a .45 doesn't even compare to a .380. No insult to the Bersa, but you're not gettting the punch for the size!

It does, and thank you...I have an old PPK in my safe. It's bulkier than an Ultra or Officer's model. You guys that think you're getting a handy little CCW should really check out the shorty 1911's. The punch form a .45 doesn't even compare to a .380. No insult to the Bersa, but you're not gettting the punch for the size!
    To each his own, I guess!

I would never carry a cocked and locked 1911 in my pocket, but that's just me...

No offense to you either sir, but what makes you think a C&L 1911 is more dangerous than your Bersa? There are more built in safeties in the 1911. What does the Bersa have, a thumb safety? The 1911 has that, plus a grip safety. Of course, we'll get the mini-Glock guys chiming in that have NO safety at all, likewise the double action snub nose revolvers, but will say they're safer than a 1911.

No offense to you either sir, but what makes you think a C&L 1911 is more dangerous than your Bersa? There are more built in safeties in the 1911. What does the Bersa have, a thumb safety? The 1911 has that, plus a grip safety. Of course, we'll get the mini-Glock guys chiming in that have NO safety at all, likewise the double action snub nose revolvers, but will say they're safer than a 1911.
    I'm not trying to get into a shoving match here, I just like the DA/SA of the Bersa as opposed to the 1911's for something like pocket carry.

Like I said, to each his own.

Distinguished Member
    That tree on your handle sure makes it look purdy.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I love the 380cc, I have that and the regular duo-tone 380. The 380cc was my original edc until my wife tried it out. She refused to give it back to me. We have about 1200s round through it and have few if any hiccups. Bersas were somewhat easy to find, but it seems their reputation is growing and people are starting to grab them up.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links