OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread....

This is a discussion on OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now why would I want to say anything about the USP C...I have one of those also...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread....

Now why would I want to say anything about the USP C...I have one of those also

2. Remove Ads

I don't "want" one, it's like if I had to buy a Ford, I'd get an F150. I regard it as the best option in a line of products I don't want to buy anyway.

If I were to up and buy another service sized 9x19 chambered pistol for serious defensive use, I'd get a CZ or more likely another XD probably. I guess Glock is Ford and Springfield is Chevy in this case, and CZ is like Toyota or something.

I've got both a 1911 and a "plastic poodle-popper" (glock 19), can't say anything bad about either of them (other than the fact that Glocks are UGLY )

BTW: Love the comics, those are great.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Dark side? or Tupperware pails??
    You're too funny JT
    Or the Dark Tupperware Side? No, not scarey enough.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Well you can beat your swords into plowshares & you can forge your Colt pistol into a really nice Bowie Knife but, you can only "injection mold" your GLOCK into plastic milk jugs.
    Just try to strike down the Glock plastic (oops - I mean polymer), it will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I don't "want" one, it's like if I had to buy a Ford, I'd get an F150. I regard it as the best option in a line of products I don't want to buy anyway.

If I were to up and buy another service sized 9x19 chambered pistol for serious defensive use, I'd get a CZ or more likely another XD probably. I guess Glock is Ford and Springfield is Chevy in this case, and CZ is like Toyota or something.
    Glocks are not Fords. They are Austrian, so they are really German. That means they are BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, or Audi.

And no they are not Volkswagons. Nothing against those, but the image isnít impressive enough.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I personally have both and they serve different purposes. I carry my 1911 usually. but when the VA heat hits and I'm going to be sweating like a pig, I prefer to carry my Glock 32. Now, you can say what you want about the Glock, but the .357 SIG is an impressive round.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I think its like compairing apples with oranges.

Compairing a Glock with a Ford, is a sin! Any Glock will function well after tens of thousands of rounds, atleast. Ive never seen a ford last over 150000 miles.
    I myself think both Volswagon and Glock are well engineered, and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    I think its like compairing apples with oranges.

Compairing a Glock with a Ford, is a sin! Any Glock will function well after tens of thousands of rounds, atleast. Ive never seen a ford last over 150000 miles.
    I myself think both Volswagon and Glock are well engineered, and ugly.
    hey hey hey now.... I had a 1991 Ford Broco, that i bought with 125K miles on it. I took it across the Country a couple of round trips, and when I got rid of it, the darn thing had 265,000 miles on it....It just kept running..but I wanted to Dodge Ram, boy I shoulda kept the Ford
    Then again, I was probably real lucky with that Ford..

Administrator

Glock

I actually have two ugly acquaintances GLOCKETTE & GLOCKENA & they are great.
    My favorite girlfriend though is the Colt Combat Commander. True Love Forever.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Administrator

Talking AirForceShooter

I don't think the thread is gonna get as ugly as the GLOCKS but, it might get slightly ugly. :poke:

You know what I would really LOVE to see? A GLOCK PISTOL fit with a nice set of Custom Ivory Grips!
    Black or Olive Drab Polymer Plastic & Polished Ivory...what could be a more striking combination than that?

JT
    I actually have two ugly acquaintances GLOCKETTE & GLOCKENA & they are great.
    My favorite girlfriend though is the Colt Combat Commander. True Love Forever.
    I'll admit there is some beauty in a classic. But when it comes to mechanical devices, modern technology is true beauty.

JT
    You know what I would really LOVE to see? A GLOCK PISTOL fit with a nice set of Custom Ivory Grips!
    Black or Olive Drab Polymer Plastic & Polished Ivory...what could be a more striking combination than that?
    Blasphemy! Pope Gaston the Great will excommunicate you for that.

9mm vs. .45, 1911 vs Glock. It's the Ford/Chevy debate ad nauseum. However, if one examines the mass/velocity products of various calibers the seldom mentiioned .357 Mag. produces more energy ("stopping power"). That should fire somebody up, but it's true, particularly if we take +P out of the equation. Glock vs. any good quality 1911: IMHO I've seen more malfunctions on the range with Glocks than the 1911 with the exception of older military 1911's. Glocks seem finicky about ammunition, even stovepiping etc. with rounds from the same lot. My Kimber is not finicky at all. Not one malfunction in over 1,800 rounds of mixed bag factory ammo. A Glock is generally cheaper than a custom 1911. I've had a life long love affair with the 1911 so I'm probably biased on the subject.
    Buzzg

P.S. I suspect that magazine springs might be the root cause of many malfunctions. Kimber magazines are suspect as are the factory Glock mags.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links