OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread.... - Page 3

OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread....

This is a discussion on OK...I admit it...I like to stir up trouble...so... :) a 1911 vs. Glock thread.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by buzzg 9mm vs. .45, 1911 vs Glock. It's the Ford/Chevy debate ad nauseum. However, if one examines the mass/velocity products of various ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzg
    9mm vs. .45, 1911 vs Glock. It's the Ford/Chevy debate ad nauseum. However, if one examines the mass/velocity products of various calibers the seldom mentiioned .357 Mag. produces more energy ("stopping power"). That should fire somebody up, but it's true, particularly if we take +P out of the equation. Glock vs. any good quality 1911: IMHO I've seen more malfunctions on the range with Glocks than the 1911 with the exception of older military 1911's. Glocks seem finicky about ammunition, even stovepiping etc. with rounds from the same lot. My Kimber is not finicky at all. Not one malfunction in over 1,800 rounds of mixed bag factory ammo. A Glock is generally cheaper than a custom 1911. I've had a life long love affair with the 1911 so I'm probably biased on the subject.
    Buzzg

P.S. I suspect that magazine springs might be the root cause of many malfunctions. Kimber magazines are suspect as are the factory Glock mags.

Gee Buz...I hope I didn't rub you the wrong way here, but I was just adding spice to my post. We're all friends here, and that's what makes this Forum so oustanding. We have a lot of members, and the number keeps growing. BTW.GLAD to see you registered and came onboard with us
    I was waiting for QK to post something about Glock Ivory Grips..Maybe somebody will mill out the panels on their Glock, and insert that Ivory stuff.. Personally, I've owned em all, from soup to nuts, but there arn't too many guns that I don't like, except for one Sterling 22 pistol, which I caled the "Jam-a-matic"

You men sound like my wife with all of that 'but that gun isn't pretty.' I bet y'all paint pretty pink roses on the barrel too.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzg
    IMHO I've seen more malfunctions on the range with Glocks than the 1911 with the exception of older military 1911's. Glocks seem finicky about ammunition, even stovepiping etc. with rounds from the same lot.
    I have never seen, nor experienced this. No mater what people think about Glocks, they acknowledge their reliability. Its legendary. I cant get mine to malfunction. The 1911 is a great gun, but I have seen plenty of malfunctions in them, and have had a few of my own.
    Last edited by JT; August 27th, 2005 at 03:24 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I really like the G-Lock and I'm gonna buy one just as soon as they start putting a hammer in back of the slide.----- OBTW Somebody please let me know when they put out a mid sized,10mm,single stack.--------

You know, I must be from Mars.

I'm not an amazing fan of the 1911 or the Glock, but I own and shoot both alongside other guns.

Then again, I just like guns.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

hey hey hey now.... I had a 1991 Ford Broco, that i bought with 125K miles on it. I took it across the Country a couple of round trips, and when I got rid of it, the darn thing had 265,000 miles on it....It just kept running..but I wanted to Dodge Ram, boy I shoulda kept the Ford
    CLASS3NH,
    I knew I was going to catch some well deserved he!! form someone, for making a slam on Fords .

I have never seen, nor experienced this. No mater what people think about Glocks, they acknowledge their reliability. Its legendary. I cant get mine to malfunction. The 1911 is a great gun, but I have seen plenty of malfunctions in them, and have had a few of my own.
    I second that!!! :hand:

Quote Originally Posted by 500Mag
    Not going to lie but i don't know many people that would want to be on the "stunning" end of that 9mm. Bottom line, it'll get the job done just as good as .45acp.

Note: I'm pulling that trigger until the gun stops loading rounds into the chamber.
    So what so can 22cal.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    You know, I must be from Mars.

I'm not an amazing fan of the 1911 or the Glock, but I own and shoot both alongside other guns.

Then again, I just like guns.
    CLASS3 <--------------1000% behind what RFurt said I'm a fan of 99.999% of the guns out there... But I'm amazed with the 1911s.and a whole lotta others too

But you must like one more than the other you guys, surely? Just a little bit maybe?

Administrator

I'm Not Sure

But, I think JT really likes GLOCKS a lot.
    Really I don't have any major complaints about any Glocks.

My very minor complaints are:
    I don't like finger grooves on any front strap.
    I wish the grip angle more closely matched the Colt 1911.
    I think they feel a little too "blockish" in the grip.

Functionally & even esthetically I honestly don't have any complaints.
    I also think the GLOCK trigger system is extremely safe.
    I don't think that Glocks are any more prone to NDs than any other firearm.
    I really think they are fantastic, safe, and wonderfully uncomplicated firearms.
    I think anybody would be hardpressed to find an overall more reliable firearm.

I bet you'd like this one QK.............A Safari Arms Enforcer 45ACP..

I think JT really likes GLOCKS a lot.
    Honestly, I dont think this thread is meant to stir up trouble. I think its an intervention!! JT, we think you might be a Blockoholic.

Administrator

Glock~a~holics

That's OK ~ I drink the Colt Kool~Aide --- I admit it.
    I'm like a Hale-Bopp Colt lover. Seriousy Colt Brainwashed.

Yep, I love that SAFARI ARMS Enforcer.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I was looking for another Enforcer, found one, but it was a parts gun, and in 40 S&W.....I had an Enforcer in the mid 80s.........NICE pistol....

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    Honestly, I dont think this thread is meant to stir up trouble. I think its an intervention!! JT, we think you might be a Blockoholic.
    Wrong, its an intervention for the rest of you. Come to the Dark Side! Gaston is your father.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links