What's the Oddest Weapon You've Ever Seen CCW'd?

This is a discussion on What's the Oddest Weapon You've Ever Seen CCW'd? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a local range today it's an outside spot and kinda cold so I figured I might have the place nearly to myself. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the Oddest Weapon You've Ever Seen CCW'd?

Question What's the Oddest Weapon You've Ever Seen CCW'd?

I was at a local range today it's an outside spot and kinda cold so I figured I might have the place nearly to myself. I pull in and there's a huge crowd of cars and I think well at least I'm not the only bonehead when it comes to practice. I get all my stuff and head to the range area when I see not one but two guys pulling some pretty huge pieces from under mid length coats and fireing pretty sorry groups with them. As I get closer I see what 1 is and couldn't believe even a newbie CCW'er would even dream of these kinda weapons to carry.

Bushmaster - Home Defense & Recreation Rifles

The other guy had something even bigger believe it or not they both were nearly yelling they CCW these puppies all the time and kept saying any real man who carries concealed should "pony up" and carry a mans weapon. I wear an ankle length trench coat some people call them dusters and I could easily keep a full lenght rifle or shotgun concealed but I'm not a moron.

Just wondering what the strangest, biggest, or just plain old wierd thing you've ever seen someone carry. Preferably trying to conceal it.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Holy crap!!!! I checked the mirror when I was concealing my p3at as a complete newb! Wow thats just,...wow.

Well on the other hand most BGs would probable run at the sight of that being pulled out of someones waistband//jacket

I know a guy who conceals his .50AE Desert Eagle,...Hes a fairly large fellow though

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

What was that movie recently that had the chick with the amputated leg and an assault rifle attached?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What was that movie recently that had the chick with the amputated leg and an assault rifle attached?
    Grindhouse

EDIT: Come to think of it,I did hear about a guy recently who was concealing a HI-point .380ACP,.. holster selections gotta be slim to nothing.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Sounds like those guys watch too much TV!

Their attitude is the type that gives us a bad name.

And seriously, at the range a self defense situation is likely to happen, is that kind of hardware even neccessary. Not to mention I am not a fan of the Patriot pistol platform. It would be like putting a 16" barrel and shoulder stock on a 1911 and calling it a rifle. But that's just my opinion....

Senior Moderator
    Sounds like someone has watched The Matrix a few too many times.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    I guess that the biggest thing I have seen used was the Dan Wesson .445. It had a 10" vented barrel with the full underlug. I dont know if many have ever seen one, but they are HUGE...and popular with the silhouett shooters. I'd guess that they weight over 5 pounds.

This dude used it do qualify for his CHL at the range. I suggested that he get a more practical concealed carry weapon and he said that it was the only gun that he had.

Anyhow, I saw him a few months later at a KFC eating the buffet. As he bent over, I could see the the bottom of his shoulder holster underneath his sweater. It was obvious that it was there, but I dont think anyone else in the place seemed to notice and he sure didnt seem to care one way or the other.

He saw me a few minutes later and just smiled and patted his piece underneath his sweater...just to let me know he was still attached to it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    It's funny that you brought this up, and that someone mentioned a hi-point. In the last month I filled two of the oddest orders in my career. The first was an owb carry holster for the Thunder Five, the first .45LC/.410 I ever heard of. Big for a carry gun...but to each their own, right? The other was a custom holster for a Hi-Point C9, with genuine alligator trim. Most of the guys with a custom 1911 don't want to pay for that option. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    I was gonna post that word for word!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

I knew someone who sometimes carried a 7 1/2" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk in a shoulder holster...
    Oh, wait-that was me...
    mark

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by dogngun View Post
    I knew someone who sometimes carried a 7 1/2" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk in a shoulder holster...
    Oh, wait-that was me...
    mark
    I did it with a 7 1/2" Redhawk just for S&Gs. Wouldn't want to do that too often.

One part of the company I worked for in the 80ís was a DOD contractor. When I was promoted to an officer, part of my job required me to fly to different locations for meetings. When I went to those meetings, they always had 4 or more company security men that had on custom tailored sport coats to cover their Uzi.

I always wondered how those guys got away with carrying an Uzi everywhere, including London, Hawaii, California, just to mention a few.

Morons like that give the rest of us a bad name.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    +2

My carbon 15 in .223 is in my bugout bag...but..geez...if you want a "mans gun" in a carbon 15...why go with 9mm..if you wanna man up..MAN UP to .223 :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links