Springfield Operator

This is a discussion on Springfield Operator within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am seriously thinking about buying a Springfield Operator. Any info would be appreciated. I have done some research on it and it seems to ...

Thread: Springfield Operator

Springfield Operator

I am seriously thinking about buying a Springfield Operator. Any info would be appreciated. I have done some research on it and it seems to be a very nice gun. The price on it is $998.00 after tax.
    Is that about right in your area. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

A buddy I shoot with has one, and loves it. The pistol made it through a week at Gunsite, with no problems.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Administrator
    I got a TRP operator from a Springfield Rep a few years back for a SWAT class we hosted... Wow! Its a sweet shooting gun. It started out a little rough, but smoothed out nicely after the first day (about 500 rds).
    I shot probably 2k rounds in a three day time frame, and couldnt wait for more. I did have to keep it clean for it to work well though, and I cracked a sear. It was no big deal, the pistol never stopped funtioning, the trigger pull just got a little stiffer.
    I think the extra weight of the dust cover and rail really helps things too, as it did not climb at all when doing zipper drills or any other multiple shot, quick fire drills. I threw a tac light on, and it was even better, but slightly out of balance.

Price... they are a little spendy, and I think there are better deals out there. If its an operator you want, just shy of 1k isnt to bad.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'd spend $400 more and find a Baer Premier 2. Forged parts, no MIM and made in the USA.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'd spend $400 more and find a Baer Premier 2. Forged parts, no MIM and made in the USA.
    Or you can spend about 150-200 more and replace MIM parts if they bother you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    FWIW, I have a Kimber TLE and a Kimber Warrior. Both are high round count guns (Both over 20 k each) and both have MIM parts. No problems with either.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Screw that.... if you are considering spending 400 more you might as well go get an STI High-cap with tighter tolerances, more mag capacity and lighter weight fully loaded in the same footprint as the Baer. If you are spending that kind of money, I'd get the most gun for the money. AND, with the possibility of you-know-who possibly being elected, putting your hands on a high-cap right now just might be a good investment

Just my .02
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Talking

here we go ! LOL
    If I went that far, I might as well spend less and get a Glock 21 with nite sights... doh !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I have the MC Operator and will never turn loose of it. Great shooting gun.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    here we go ! LOL
    If I went that far, I might as well spend less and get a Glock 21 with nite sights... doh !
    I'll buy one G21SF and one G30 SF still get the night sights and have enought money left over for ammo and a good holsters.

But in all seriousness MIM or not to MIM that is the question. I don't see my self shooting enought .45 ACP to really make a difference. S/A 1911s are very good quality. Leatham seems to do just fine beating anybody that uses a Bear or STI.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

EAJ
    I have a SA Micro Compact, LW Champion and MC Operator(s). I'm a big fan of SA 1911's. Very good product and outstanding customer service. :)

Links