My Norinco Twins w/new photos at 12 - Range Report added

This is a discussion on My Norinco Twins w/new photos at 12 - Range Report added within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For Christmas and my birthday my lovely wife gave me a pair of late '80s/ early '90s Norinco 1911s new in the box. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Norinco Twins w/new photos at 12 - Range Report added

VIP Member

My Norinco Twins w/new photos at 12 - Range Report added

For Christmas and my birthday my lovely wife gave me a pair of late '80s/ early '90s Norinco 1911s new in the box. I have posted photos and a range report on 1 of 2 http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ort-added.html and some photos of 2 of 2 http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...911-2-2-a.html. Today I got my new bubinga wood grips in from CopperKnight and took a couple of photos of 2 of 2 with the new grips. They are fantastic.

The way the different shades of color run through the bubinga is fantastic.

I still haven't gotten to shoot 2 of 2, but hope to this weekend. I'll post a report then.

Now for those of you who are wondering about the Twins title - Here they are - the Norinco Twins:

I plan to get better photos of the bubinga grips and the twins, but couldn't wait to show them to you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Great guns, great pics, and surely great grips!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Very nice, now all you need is a double shoulder rig.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

VIP Member
    Ah, the long awaited "twins" pics. They look pretty good together.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Double Chinese takeout...
    Those old beasts were workhorses, congratulations!

I agree one under each arm would be cool!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Nice, functional pieces. Very nice grips.

It might be cool to have double shoulder rigs, but unless you're Chow Yun-Fat or Nick Cage in a John Woo film, you'll probably never see a reason to draw both, or more specifically, shoot both at the same time. I'm confident in my ability to put lead on target with one 1911...but two? Save that for movie stars...and maybe Clint Smith!

Thanks for the sweet pics!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Senior Moderator
    Nice pistols George
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I remember my Norinco 1911. She's been gone about eight years now. Every once in a while I miss her----every time someone posts about theirs! Definitely some nice pistols! Those grips really set them off too. Nice.

Great guns, I would take two Norinco's over most other entry level($600-800) 1911's on the market today.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

dang George... very nice shoots ! If you neglect one of 'em. I'll be glad to take it off yer hands....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    In about 1946 my parents bought a mahogany coffee table. When my father died in 1982 I inherited it. With moving around several times and other things it got into pretty rough shape and so I put it in the attic. About 8 years ago my wife slipped it down and have it refinished. I know that is a no no on antique furniture, but this is not fancy or expensive it's family. We use it every day and I really like it. What does a mahogany table have to do with the Norinco twins? Well, I had promised to make some better photos of the twins and today I had a few minutes to take some pictures. While I was trying to thing of a good background for the twins that would show off the grips I though of the coffee table. I didn't get to take many, but I got a couple that I think are worth posting. One was taken with a flash the other from a tripod with no extra light. I like both, but the flash really brings out the color of all three pieces of wood. Tell me what you think.

I plan to take some more when I have more time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    That second picture really puts a lot of life into the wood for sure.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    That second picture really puts a lot of life into the wood for sure.
    sure does...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    We went to the range today to try out #2. While I was running through about 100 rounds in #2 Leah was putting 30 through #1.

We learned several things. 1) Leah can shoot either one much better than I can. Well, I already knew that she is a better handgun shooter than I am. I think her first 8 rounds were in 3 holes covering about 1.5". That was from 25'. 2) Norinco magazines leave something to be desired. In both pistols we had some first rounds not load. All were from the Norinco mags. After 5 or so I figured out what was happening. If the last round in the mag was not absolutely touching the back of the mag it would shift when the mag was put into the gun. The nose would tilt down just a spec and then the round would not feed. I learned to check very carefully to make sure the round was fully back against the back of the mag. 3) The problem of the tilting round may have been the problem I was having with #1 last time.

Except for the first round problem which was solved there were no problems with the guns at all. I fired 75 rounds through #2 and then let Leah shot it. Of course she immediately showed me up. She put 30 through #1 and 15 through #2. Two handed strong side, one handed strong, two handed weak. They were all in a space about 6" in diameter. She also punched some holes in between with the Kel-Tec P32. I don't know how she does that.

#2 is every bit as accurate as #1. The CopperKnight bubinga grips felt real good. They are a bit thicker than what I am used to, but were very easy to get used to. I plan to buy some Tripp Research mags for both guns. Everyone who uses them tells me that they are great. After I do that I'll go back and run some more rounds through to make sure that there is no other trouble. I will report on them then. I am very satisfied with the way both guns shoot and believe that good mags will solve the feed problems. I won't be carrying either of them in the near future so I have time to get everything right.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links