Comparing the CZ-75B and Springfield XDs

This is a discussion on Comparing the CZ-75B and Springfield XDs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to acquire a Springfield XD but am having difficulty finding a local range that has one for rent. I own a CZ-75B ...

Thread: Comparing the CZ-75B and Springfield XDs

Comparing the CZ-75B and Springfield XDs

I am looking to acquire a Springfield XD but am having difficulty finding a local range that has one for rent. I own a CZ-75B that I absolutely love. Has anyone fired both these pistols? Any opinions on the differences, good, bad, or ugly between them?

2. Remove Ads

Smile

Sorry, I can't compare the two - only fired @ 5 rounds out of a friends cz-75b last year. I carry a xd45 compact - daily- and LOVE it, wouldn't trade it for anything!!!
    I don't know where your from, but if you are close to me I would/(might-lol) let you try the xd.

Have not compared the two, but I also own a CZ, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I just love it!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I love CZ and XD, but they each are great in their own way.

If you are considering the XD for carrying purposes it will exceed your expectations, with the subcompact 9mm & .40 as well as the .45 compact. I have larger hands so I prefer the compact over the subcompact, plus I'm a big fan of .45. XD's are lighter than the CZ's which is good for CC, but you generally will feel a little more recoil. I have also shot the XD Service 9mm which is a larger frame, it shoots great but isn't as easily concealed as it's smaller relatives.

I have shot CZ-85b(ambi-safety version of 75b) as well as the SP-01, and they are great guns. The larger frames fit me like a glove, but their weight and size is definitely something to consider. I do prefer the SP-01 over any other 9mm I have shot, but I don't find it practical for concealed carrying purposes. The compact version P-01 is more suitable CC, there are many people that do so.

Personally I would go buy the XD as well, but I have a very hard time buying a handgun that I haven't at least fondled. Is the XD going to be for HD/range or primarily for carry?

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Maybe you really want a P-01.....

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I now carry the P-01 and even though I am a big bodied person, it is a comfortable carry.

Plus -- it shoots purty good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbric View Post
    I am looking to acquire a Springfield XD but am having difficulty finding a local range that has one for rent. I own a CZ-75B that I absolutely love. Has anyone fired both these pistols? Any opinions on the differences, good, bad, or ugly between them?
    Both good guns. I've carried both. The 75B's trigger is more crisp than an XD's. Both point extremely well. The main difference is weight. CZs feel heavier to me. Weight for me is not an issue.

Both guns are a real pleasure to shoot and are very accurate.

There's nothing bad about either gun, just differences. Until you get to the 45s. The 97B is a large, heavy gun which holds 10 rounds. It has a problem reliably feeding shorter hollow points. This can be fixed by a gunsmith. Mine would reliably feed Gold Dots if I only loaded 8 rounds in the magazine. Very pleasant to shoot.

The XD 45 hold 13 rounds and feeds everything.

I swore that I would never own a plastic gun -- until I saw the XDs.

The 5-inch Tactical XD feels most like the 75B. The 4-inch feels different. You need to try both before you buy.

I currently carry XDs.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

I think with the weight issue the xd will be a more friendly carrweapon
    Jack dog

VIP Member
    Can't weigh in on the xd, but as for the CZ's I love them. I have 4 of them P-01, P-06 and 2 RAMI's. P-06 is my primary carry gun, RAMI .40 gets carried during the summer. P-01 as a switch off. They are all reliable and very accurate. My oldest son shoots a full size xd 9mm and swears by it. I just don't care for a DAO weapon, but that is just me.

Links