I joined the 1911 ranks today....

This is a discussion on I joined the 1911 ranks today.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my first 1911 today. It is a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 Model CS. This is the compact version with a 3 1/2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I joined the 1911 ranks today....

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

I just got my first 1911 today. It is a Rock Island Armory 1911A1 Model CS. This is the compact version with a 3 1/2 tapered bull barrel. I hope that it turns outs to be a reliable shooter that can be counted on for CC. I know that some folks swear that you should stay away from the short barreled 1911s. Anyway I took a gamble on it. Hopefully I will shoot it in the next few days and I will let you guys know how it performed. I have some pics but I have no idea how to post them. Could I email them to someone who could help?
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Congratulations! Welcome to the club! I hope it works great for you. Odds are in your favor. You can open up an account like "photobucket" and upload your pictures there, or where it says "manage attachments" (when you're posting) click that and then upload your pictures that way if they're not too big.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Congrats on the new pistol. RIA is a good choice and I doubt you will have any problems with the one you have chosen. I've had several of the RIAs', and had no problems. As a matter of fact I'm looking at a full size in 38 super right now.
    Change the recoil springs a little more often and you should have no problems.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Congrats let us know how it works for ya

Now you've been bitten. Good luck with that. Now you need a Brownell's 1911 catalog to pick out all of the wizzie gizzies to make it "just a littli better". Beware though...you will now spend countless unproductive hours gazing at everything 1911.

Welcome to the club.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

I like mine and it's been very reliable. Here's a review of my Charles Daly which is the same gun as yours. RIA makes Daly 1911's.

Charles Daly 1911’s Gunner’s Journal

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I have some pics but I have no idea how to post them. Could I email them to someone who could help?
    Doc, P95 has done a good job of providing a help for posting photos in his Forum Help & Extras section up on the second row of the blue band. Our gallery has almost unlimited space to save your photos in. Try P95's helps and if you aren't successful send me a PM and I will see if I can help. We'll get that 1911 showing real quick.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congrats...I love my full size 1911 and will be adding some of its cousins to my collection at some point down the road
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

Administrator
    Congrats! Let us know how it's working out for you.
    Should be a real nice carry gun for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Congrats... on the 1911, but be careful, you might just buy another.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    You're gonna like it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Watch out they multiply......

I'm partway through the 12 step program of recovering from 1911 addiction. I only have three so I need 9 more and I'll be cured! I have a Micro, a Commander and a Govt. Now I have to get an Officers, a long slide, a CCO, .38 super and a stack of customs and the doctor tells me I'll be well. At least as long as I keep 'em!

Of course now you'll have to enroll as well........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    1911's get very lonely when they don't have anyone like them in the gun safe!! You will need to get at least one more to make your new addition feel at home!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    You're HOOKED. Dont worry about the "issues" that others seem to dote on about problems with the short barrel 1911's. The ones I have fired dont seem any more prone to malfunctions than many other pistols. All are mechanical objects and are subject to breakage at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links