Defensive Carry banner

P239 SAS in .45

7K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Plan B 
#1 ·
Apparently SIG has finally done it - Gunblast had a picuture up of the P239 in .45 at the Shot Show. Here it is, courtesy of Gun Blast:

For those of you that aren't familiar (far-fetched given this crowd, but possible :smile:), the gun can briefly be described as a DAO, two-tone, dehorned, single-stack pistol specifically designed for CCW. It has limited capacity (in .40 I think it's like 6+1, IIRC), but for those of us on the prowl for a .45 to fit our CCW needs it is a welcome option.

You could say I'm more than a little excited by this news. I absolutely cannot wait to get a closer look at this gun. :banana:

Plan B

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting gun

This Sig P239 in .45 also intrigues me. This would seem to fill a hole in the Sig lineup, as their prior attempts at small .45s, like the P245, were larger than this. By the way, the Sig P239 in .40 caliber (an existing product) gives 7+1 capacity. The 9mm version is 8+1, and I presume this new .45 caliber P239 is 6+1 capacity.

The Sig website shows the weight of a P239 with magazine as 29.7 ounces, so it is a heavier gun than the Colt New Agent (25 ounces), the Glock 36 (20 ounces), and the Kahr P45 (20.5 ounces). I think this might be advantageous in actually shooting the gun, as the very lightweight .45s have a nasty recoil which slows down follow up shots. The Sig P239 also has a 3.6 inch barrel, which would give a little more velocity to the .45 round than the 3 inch barrel of many small .45s.

#6 ·
I definitely would be interested if its is true. But....they are already making the p220 compact in DAK. This gun would not make much sense for SIG. I would want my in Henry Ford Model T Black, though.

#15 ·
:frown:I kind of figured this. Hence my previouspost.:frown:

#19 ·
typo?

Wow - didn't consider that might've been a typo.

I checked Gunblast's website for a correction, but there isn't one (it still shows a label of SIG's new P239 SAS in .45 - doesn't specify ACP or GAP). SHOT Show 2008 - Day 1

I haven't had much luck with finding any verification on the posting, but other than hearing about a sig forum calling it untrue I haven't seen anything else to suggest it's a typo either.

I certainly understand why some folks suggested it might not make a whole lot of sense for SIG to produce the P239 in .45 given the many variants SIG has for the P220 line already (full-size, carry, compact, and the myriad SAS, two-tone, DAK iterations). I do, though, like the 1.2" width and the 3.6" barrel on the P239 more than the dimensions of the P220 Compact (1.5" and 3.9", respectively). If you're going to go compact ...

I guess I'll just wait and see with everyone else (and keep looking around :biggrin2:).

Plan B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.