P99

This is a discussion on P99 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well guys i went to buy my glock 19 and something happened. i just couldnt do it. fell in love with the walther p99. i ...

Thread: P99

P99

well guys i went to buy my glock 19 and something happened. i just couldnt do it. fell in love with the walther p99. i have been looking at them and after holding the glock i held the walther and just fell in love with it. it is the 9mm da/sa. gotta say it has an amazing trigger pull. just LOVE this gun.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Give us a range report. And tell me how long it takes to get use to the mag release
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Walther Forums is a great site for Walther info.

I like the P99 AS quite a bit. Its my primary choice to shoot and carry.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

P99 grip angle & ergomonics are more "conventional" (compared to other pistols) than a G19. I carry the G19 but the P99 is an easy pistol to fall for. Nice choice & keep up posted on the most important part...performance!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    P99 grip angle & ergomonics are more "conventional" (compared to other pistols) than a G19. I carry the G19 but the P99 is an easy pistol to fall for. Nice choice & keep up posted on the most important part...performance!
    Good choice. I carry a P99c. Easy to carry and shoots great. Once you get used to the mag release, I found it actually easier to use then the conventional release. You can keep your grip and just use your middle finger to reach down and push the release. Give us a range report when you get a chance.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links