My First Sig - a P250 - It's AWESOME!

This is a discussion on My First Sig - a P250 - It's AWESOME! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the range Saturday to knock the rust off of my trigger finger. It had been a while and I was really looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Sig - a P250 - It's AWESOME!

Thumbs up My First Sig - a P250 - It's AWESOME!

I went to the range Saturday to knock the rust off of my trigger finger. It had been a while and I was really looking forward to a session with my HK USP40c & Glock 27. I signed in, started shooting the breeze with the owner & began looking over the handguns in the display counter as we talked.

My eyes settled on a two-toned pistol...looked a little closer and realized that it was a Sig P250 (I had just been looking at them on the internet that morning). Of course I asked to take a closer look.

My first impression was that this pistol fit my hand perfectly! It was instantly comfortable and much more of a natural pointer than any of my other handguns. The weight and balance felt nice...certainly lighter than my beloved HK and ever-so-slightly slimmer. Overall, length/width/height are the same as my USP40c. This is nice in that the Sig fits nicely in my Andrews Gun Leather McDaniels IWB holster! The P250 also has factory installed night sights.

Then the owner said, "go ahead, pull the trigger". All I can say is WOW! To say that the trigger pull is smooth just seems like an understatement. I was/am in love!

So, after the required paperwork was completed, off to the line I went.

I fed her 150 rounds & she ate all of them flawlessly. It did take me a few rounds to get used to the DAO trigger but, like I said, the trigger pull is so smooth I was grouping great in no time. The last 100 rounds were shot at varying distances out to 25 yards. I did have a few rounds in the 8-ring @ 25 yards but the overwhelming bulk of my shots were inside the 9. I was really, really impressed!

I believe I have a new EDC pistol!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Good report, Have to admit I'm thinking of adding a 250 to my SIG collection someday soon.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Moderator
    I am somewhat dissapointed that Sig decided to make it a DAO. I hate DAO guns.

Any chance it'll be made like the rest of the Sigs with the DA/SA trigger?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Archer: Glad you enjoyed yours as I do mine. Picked it up on Saturday after my buddy who works at the gun shop let me handle it for awhile. Great balance and felt good in my hands. When I dried fired, I was hooked. The trigger pull was smooth as butter. Purchased50 rounds off WWB 115 gr just to get the feel. Very accurate with minimal recoil. I'll be back at the range this week and provide a better report. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

As I recall, I don't think they're (Sig) are going to make it (the p250) in the DA/SA mode......... Just some insider info to pass on
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar

Sig's marketing VP has been posting on SIG Forum. He claimed at one point that a TDA trigger module was being targeted for late 2008. He also said .45 ACP is due around May--June. I would very much like to see that combination myself...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Moderator
    Class3NH...

IIRC,dont you work at Sig...or used to or something like that ?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Class3NH...

IIRC,dont you work at Sig...or used to or something like that ?
    Yup That's why the "insider Info" I really can't see them re-making the newest type of "removable reciever" and then manufacturing a decocker mechanism into the P250 series gun, similar to the current Sig decocker process, unless it's going to be some sort of slide mounted decocker/safety device. I believe the 250 series was/is directed toward the LEO community, as Glock is slightly concerned about their nitch in the market share, unless, of course, they (Glock) may decide to come out with something similar to the Sig design.
    I believe the grip frames (as I've been told) for the Sig will probably run about 50.00-75.00 each retail.............but the rest of it, just might run in the 275.00 to 375.00 range for caliber changer-over
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats - sounds like you found a winner!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Sounds good.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I handled a new P250 recently & was favorably impressed. The BEST part of the trigger, while having rather a l-o-n-g pull, is that it has a surprisingly short reset. Short trigger reset (and training your finger to feel it!) is the key to fast, smooth, accurate, follow-up shots. Unfortunately, I haven't fired a P250 yet but it's high on my list of need to try - need to buy handguns.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    Congrats - sounds like you found a winner!!
    Yes Sir, definitely a winner in my book thus far! The only regretable part is that my HK may have gotten its feelings hurt somewhat since it is spending more time locked in the safe. I might have to do an odd week Sig - even week HK carry rotation to keep the "family" happy!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Yes Sir, definitely a winner in my book thus far! The only regretable part is that my HK may have gotten its feelings hurt somewhat since it is spending more time locked in the safe. I might have to do an odd week Sig - even week HK carry rotation to keep the "family" happy!
    Martial Archer, the P250 was my first Sig as well. Now I have a total of 3, including 2 new P239's (SAS .40 and 9mm). All within the last 3 months. "To hell and back reliability" for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    Martial Archer, the P250 was my first Sig as well. Now I have a total of 3, including 2 new P239's (SAS .40 and 9mm). All within the last 3 months. "To hell and back reliability" for sure.
    I'm afraid to touch another Sig at this point in time. If the other models are as sweet as the P250 (& I'm sure they are), another one would surely come home with me. Mrs. Martial Archer would most likely take a samurai sword and make me a little shorter if you know what I mean!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    I'm afraid to touch another Sig at this point in time. If the other models are as sweet as the P250 (& I'm sure they are), another one would surely come home with me. Mrs. Martial Archer would most likely take a samurai sword and make me a little shorter if you know what I mean!
    I hear ya...I dedicated the P250 to Mrs. Alongcamejones and picked up a small hand housing for it. She promply said I needed to pick up a Sig of my own. Since I needed a good CCW piece, I ended up with 2 P239's, one in .40 SAS and another one in 9mm. Life is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links