Another outrageous idea? :)

This is a discussion on Another outrageous idea? :) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ''toe in water again'' - to see what folks might think. I'll agree that my recent post musing on shot as a ''vision impairment'' ...

Thread: Another outrageous idea? :)

Assistant Administrator

Another outrageous idea? :)

Just ''toe in water again'' - to see what folks might think.

I'll agree that my recent post musing on shot as a ''vision impairment'' proceedure against a bad guy could well produce bad legal juju.

What if tho (hold on now, don't laff!) - on a gun's tac' rail we had, instead of a flashlight - a similar size dispenser of super-strong OC!? That could be triggered by an external button somehow somewhere - giving just one brief option before the lead travels - to temporarily blind and disable the BG. This is assuming we are pretty much up close and personal in the confrontation.

That might be his one chance to give up peacefully - if not of course - the object in the chamber goes quickly into launch mode!

I see snags - of course - having suitable holster is one - plus obviously there may not even be time to deploy this approach but - it might give just one more option, or give valuable time extra.

Flame away!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Thumbs up Credit Where Credit Is Due

You are really a creative & "out of the box" thinker.
    I'll need to do a "serious ponder" over coffe on this idea.
    Interesting though.

Lead Moderator
    stop thinking the same as me. I was pondering a thought , what isn't rail mounted yet that could be (and still be useful) ? Idea, rail mounted O.C. for L.E. If O.C. doesn't work , go to the gun. Nice idea , guess great minds think alike? Or something like that.lol.

A gun is one of those things I personally don't want to have a secondary use for.

Lead Moderator
    for civilian carry, I don't think it would be quite as effective. L.E. many times cover a suspect but do not fire , sending a O,.C. stream first , but having the gun at the ready makes sense. For the CCW holder , I wouldn't want to point my pistol to use the O.C.

GREAT Idea!! better jump on this for the retail/LEO market

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    P95 Carry, you are braver than I am. I posted two "outside the box" ideas and got so much vitriol in return I rarely start a thread anymore. Better start wearing your chew proof undies. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    for civilian carry, I don't think it would be quite as effective. L.E. many times cover a suspect but do not fire , sending a O,.C. stream first , but having the gun at the ready makes sense. For the CCW holder , I wouldn't want to point my pistol to use the O.C.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue. Like rocky said, there are many times that a LEO or even a security officer, might hold someone at gunpoint.
    As a civilian, their first clue that I'm armed should be a flash and a loud noise. In other words, if I draw my weapon; unless they have a lucid moment and surrender in the second that it takes me to hit extension, they're going down. I'm not going to draw unless I intend to shoot.

Besides, if you've got OC on your rail instead of a flashlight, how are you going to use a flashlight (if needed) and still deploy the OC?

just my 2-cents
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I'm not sure which is more disturbing... the OC/gun or that other people think like Chris?! LOL j/k

Euclidean summed ti up for me.

If I were going "OC", I'd have one of my friends pickup a box of 12g OC shells for me.

I like the idea, but unless you were using a really thick, long-range-streaming, foam, I would be inclined to see it as hazardous to my health. For the civvie, it would also call your escalation-of-force timeline front and center, if you had to shoot. Just my $.02.....

New Member Array Your worst nightmare's Avatar
    All of your ideas are outrageous.

That's what I love about you.

Links