Defensive Carry banner

Sig-less for a few months!

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  slimjim 
#1 ·
I'm kinda feeling sad :frown:

Tomorrow, I'm sending off my P229 to Grayguns for a trigger job and some other work and it's gonna be 8-12 weeks! I know it's gonna be worth it but I can't help but miss it on my weekly trip to the range. I guess I'm gonna used that time to acclimate myself to my P30 and practice more with my EDC, the PM9 instead of using most of my ammo on the P229.

Anyway, has anyone here had any work done from Grayguns? I've heard nothing but good things about them but I wanna hear from people who have actually sent their firearms to GGI.

#3 ·
I feel for you, as I am in the same boat. They have an excellent reputation, many happy reports over at the Sig Forum. Just last month I bought my first Sig (P220C), put 200 rds down the pipe, and then shipped it right off to GrayGuns for a trigger job.

#4 ·
It'll definitely be worth the wait! I agree on pics too! :image035:

#10 ·
I had the Reduced Reset package done which is pretty much smoothing the action and intallng their in house short reset trigger. The trigger pull weight should be the same as stock or just slightly lighter if that. However, one would probably perceive a lighter pull due to the much smoother action. I have yet to try it since I haven't gone home due to a business trip. I also had the following done in addition to the Reduced Reset Pack:
- GGI Intermediate Trigger
- Warren Tactical Rear Sight matched to Siglite front sight
- Stainless Steel Guide Rod and Wolff Spring

#12 ·
My P229 is originally a DA/SA. I'll post a range report as soon as I have the time. It's probably not gonna be as detailed or professional as ones I've seen here, being new to firearms and shooting but I'll definitely let y'all know how the GGI mods fare in my next range session.

#13 ·
You should really like your gun when it gets back from GrayGuns. I just got my P220 Carry back from them, they do wonders with those Sigs. Gonna post pics and comments soon. After getting back my Sig, I sent them my H&K for a trigger job.

#14 ·
Another satisfied customer here - my P226ST had the CRRAP trigger work done, and added the intermediate trigger. Shoots really nice, and was well worth the wait.

I did have some issues with communications with them and the gun being mailed back to my apartment as opposed to the work address I specified, but thankfully it all worked out.

#15 ·
I got to shoot it my GGI P229 last week, my groups are much tighter (not a single "flyer" if I recall). It seems to shoot high with the new Warren tactical rear sight but it just might be me. I'll post more comments when I get time from work....

BTW, here's some pics.

Attachments

#16 ·
Looks great. I also found myself shooting the gun lots better after getting it back from GGI. I also sent my H&K P2000 to Bruce. That gun can use a little help with the trigger. Will post reviews. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.