Oh no... the day is coming - Page 3

Oh no... the day is coming

This is a discussion on Oh no... the day is coming within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congragulations on a fine firearm. I wonder how much money I have spent in search of the "ultimate" sidearm. Dont be surprised to find yourself ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh no... the day is coming

Congragulations on a fine firearm. I wonder how much money I have spent in search of the "ultimate" sidearm. Dont be surprised to find yourself wanting The Next Best Pistol. I have settled on Glocks and 1911s for myself... but then there is always the Sig.... and Beretta... Well I still have some searching to do.
    Glock 17, Glock 26, Colt XSE, Colt 1991

Depends on which one fits your hand best but I would stick with the Glock 23 or the XD 40.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

With a $1,000...you're off to a good start.
    But asking what kind of gun to buy is like asking what kind of dress shoes to buy...everyone will have an opinion.
    That's why I'm not going to suggest a Kimber Ultra, or a Glock-36...

Get thee to a gunshop and handle the little fellas'...one will begin calling out your name.

Stay armed...with something...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i would say if your going to carry, get a small weapon. a revolver?

if your going to shoot at the range a lot get an service pistol.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I've had a couple of Glocks, a sig, taurus, bersa, Berreta, ruger, S&W, 1911. This would include a 9mm,.45,.40.357,.38,.380. This week I picked up a Glock 19 and I've never shot better. Man this has to be the best gun in the world. I just got back from putting 200 rounds through it so far with no problems. My Glock 23 with about 5,000 rounds no problems. Man these Glocks are awsome.

Distinguished Member
    XD---nice choice, you can't go wrong with it. It has a great feel in your hand, and shoots so well.

Enjoy it!!!

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I was in your situation a few months ago and ended buying a Kel-Tec PF-9 for the price and size. I like my pistol, but I really wish I had gotten a 9mm 3" 1911. That's what I'm saving for now.
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Kel-Tec PF-9
    Stoeger Condor 12Ga
    Remington 514
    Savage Arms Revelation 135

Boy can I remember the research, the comparisons, the shopping.

Ended up with an XD-45. The 45 because the military had started with the 45 tried the 9 and went back to the 45 after the 9's didn't work so well in Panama as I recall. That plus studies on live animals I read about as they tested calibers in slaughter houses years ago.

Thank goodness for reloading or it would be very $$

Congrads!

Jim

SA XD 9mm. Glock 19 9mm. Own both. Love both. Both have been flawless.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    I turn 21 in a week. I've saved up 1,000 dollars to spend on gun, holster, belt and some ammo. I know i want a gun that will eat anything and that is super reliable. I'm pretty sure I want .40 cal, or do i want 9mm (i shoot .45 just fine, but $$$$$$$) I can't decided between Glock 23 and XD40 4" or a Sig or save up a bit more and get an HK. If you guys were just turning 21 and were buying your very first EDC gun, what would ya get, and why. I've shot em all, now the hard part is making up my mind... didn't think it would be this hard.
    I wouldnt stress it, i can guarantee you that it will not be your last gun :)
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Glock 19 or Sig of your choice. I really like my G19.

Considering the handgun itself (reliability, dependability, and accuracy), the availability and cost of ammo, availability of and cost of spare/replacement parts, and self exchange of parts with little training - only two brands fall within requirements - SIG SAUER and GLOCK - only one caliber to be considered 9mm (today several types of 9mm meet the Defense requirement) - conceal and/or open carry with widely available holster options - magazine holds more than 10 rounds - end result is the SIG SAUER 229 and GLOCK 19 in 9mm.

SIG SAUER - PRE-OWNED are widely available, these are used mostly by Peace Officers then SIG Factory go through them top to bottom, all good to go as if factory new. Do a google search and various gun auction searches, etc .

Your planning in the past to get to this decision day, is outstanding ! Congratulations ! We - the Country - need more Young Citizens like you !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links