Rohrbaugh owner hindsight questions

This is a discussion on Rohrbaugh owner hindsight questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks everyone. Your input is invaluable. I received the full spectrum of opinions and that is what I needed. I'm one of the ones that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rohrbaugh owner hindsight questions

Thanks everyone. Your input is invaluable. I received the full spectrum of opinions and that is what I needed. I'm one of the ones that would pay the extra bucks just to have the extra .08 inch or so shaved off of the width of my carry gun (compared to the Kahr). I also do not care that the gun is not designed for taking a class with; I have guns for that. Anyone that buys a gun of this size sould understand that. This is a carry gun and for me, every carry gun I own does not have to go through a several day course. Don't worry about the internet commando / yoda BS. Just put it in your pocket and be happy you actually have a gun if a situation arises where something is better than nothing. My dress is such that the glocks and 1911s are in the safe half of the time so I deal with it. Do people think that a cop who carries a lightweight bug takes these guns to a three day class? Hell no. Anyhow, the Rohrbaugh should fill an important gap in my armory.

Thanks again for the help.

2. Remove Ads

I have heard of several problems with the trigger assembly. I myself prefer the NAA Guardian over the R9's and Seecamp for a few reason, finger extensions available, this is a must if you have decent sized hands and like holding a gun with more than 2 fingers, the larger size of the Guardian helps control recoil, especially with SD rounds. With my 380 Guardian shooting the Corbon DPX is not something you want to do all day, but manageable, I couldn't imagine firing the 9mm out of a even smaller gun. I have fired the same round out of a Seecamp and thought I was going to drop the gun, just not enough to hold on for my taste. There are also more accessories and custom features available for the Guardians, the Guardians have eaten everything I have fed them, The R9's and Seecamps are more picky about ammo. If none of these affect you, than by all means the R9 maybe the gun for you, just relaying what I have found to be valid for me.
    Good Day
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by PShooter View Post
    Thanks everyone. Your input is invaluable. I received the full spectrum of opinions and that is what I needed. I'm one of the ones that would pay the extra bucks just to have the extra .08 inch or so shaved off of the width of my carry gun (compared to the Kahr). I also do not care that the gun is not designed for taking a class with; I have guns for that. Anyone that buys a gun of this size sould understand that. This is a carry gun and for me, every carry gun I own does not have to go through a several day course. Don't worry about the internet commando / yoda BS. Just put it in your pocket and be happy you actually have a gun if a situation arises where something is better than nothing. My dress is such that the glocks and 1911s are in the safe half of the time so I deal with it. Do people think that a cop who carries a lightweight bug takes these guns to a three day class? Hell no. Anyhow, the Rohrbaugh should fill an important gap in my armory.

Thanks again for the help.
    Glad to help, and equally glad you understand the real purpose of the Rohrbaugh. I think you'll find it to be the right gun for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I have heard of several problems with the trigger assembly.
    The most likely cause is a loose right grip, which can cause the trigger spring to slip out of place. Checking the grip screws on an R9 is a regular part of cleaning.

The Rohrbaugh sounds like my SW 340PD. A lot of people bash it for lack of understanding of what it is. I love the thing.

I think the Rohrbaugh is the ticket for me. The NAA was my next choice; seems to be a good value in a practical gun.

I think anyone considering the Rohrbaugh should look at the Kahr MK9. Mine has been 100% reliable with any ammo I have fed it. It is especially effective with 124gn gold dots. It is exactly the same size as my Walther PPK .380 and runs about 650.00 retail
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Some times you get a good one some times you get a bad one

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...oken-kahr.html
    Go here.

Page 4 post #10
    Last edited by Josey Wales; February 11th, 2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: page #

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links