Springfield ss loaded champion - Page 2

Springfield ss loaded champion

This is a discussion on Springfield ss loaded champion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by myusername Thanks. I don't think the weight would be a problem, I was looking more at the 4" barrel and longer grip ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield ss loaded champion

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    Thanks. I don't think the weight would be a problem, I was looking more at the 4" barrel and longer grip than the ultra-compact or micro compact.
    That is why I am getting it bobtailed. But to tell the truth even a regular full size is rather easy to conceal with the right belt and holster. The 4" barrel is perfect for me I think the 5" is a little long to carry and the 3" just feels short plus the extra round makes me feel better.
    I practice with my carry gun alot at least once a week 100 to 200 rds every trip and an all steel 1911 has held up well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    Do you guys find them hard to carry? I was about to order a P7, then I started looking at 1911s again. I'm narrowing it down to the loaded champ or ultra compact. I cant decide if the champ is too big for me.

I looked at a kimber but it had an alloy frame, I like the springfield with the SS frame.
    I too have to say that the SS Champ is heavy! I have to keep my belt kinda snug or it wants to slip down.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

B52
    I have one it gets heavy after a few hours of carry, just gives me a reason to buy the LW Champion. Get a good belt and holster you shouldn't have a problem. I do find my self carrying a polymer or snubby more often, during the summer though.

I have one of the original Champions, and I can tell you that mine is my constant carry companion. It started out as a plain black-finish gun that over the years I had dressed up until 2000, when I had the gun hard chromed, and haven't regretted that decision at all. As for problems, I never had any, because as I have often opined here on these posts, I sent mine to a master pistolsmith who specializes in 1911 platforms and had him go through it. It is a flawless gun with a 3.5 lb trigger that breaks like glass; i recommend this treatment for anybody wanting a gun they can carry into battle and trust their life on......

The gun I describe is my avatar at left.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

New Member Array southlandcowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    . As for problems, I never had any, because as I have often opined here on these posts, I sent mine to a master pistolsmith who specializes in 1911 platforms and had him go through it. It is a flawless gun with a 3.5 lb trigger that breaks like glass; i recommend this treatment for anybody wanting a gun they can carry into battle and trust their life on......

The gun I describe is my avatar at left.....
    Hey man, I feel that same way about my Champ, altho it's worked great for me out of the box. This morning I took a tactical class surrounded by Glock aficionados, and my Champ shot perfectly, in all sorts of pressure situations, shooting while moving, tactical reloads, etc. Put 350 rounds through it, no problems at all, it performed like a champ.

That being said, if I were to want it tuned up at some point, can you point me in the direction of the master pistolsmith you used?

Thanks,
    Duke in Southern CA
    NRA Life Member/ UT CCW permit holder
    Springfield Champion 45 stainless
    Glock 22
    S&W 686 357 Magnum 7-shot
    "I support gun control. I use both hands."

Sure, the man I use is Benny Hill (not the comedian), I have been using him since my IPSC days back in the '90s when he was the Head pistolsmith at STI with another guy who has made quite a name for himself, Dave Dawson of dawson precision. Both are guys that grew up as competitors as well as gunsmiths and know 1911s better than just about anybody out there.

My recommendation to you is to seek out a gunsmith who is also a competitor because they have pretty much figured out what works under extreme pressure situations like a match when your gun is running full tilt.

His website is Triangle Shooting Sports
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

How heavy is the SA Champion?

How heavy is the SA Champion?

Empty weight of SS Loaded Champion is 37oz and the Lightweight Loaded Champion is 30oz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links