Glock 45GAP

Glock 45GAP

This is a discussion on Glock 45GAP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Glock model 37 in 45GAP recently and went to the range the other day. I have to say this is the ...

Thread: Glock 45GAP

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Glock 45GAP

I picked up a Glock model 37 in 45GAP recently and went to the range the other day. I have to say this is the sweetest shooting pistol I have ever shot. Points well for me, low recoil and just feels right. I know lots of people don't see the need for the Gap caliber but for my needs it is wonderful. Just wanted to share the joy.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

GREAT news to place up here Mike. I was thinking of the Model 39, as it's the same size as the Glock 26, but less mag capacity. If you can, why not do a range report with the gun, utilizing the targets, the gun, and test rounds, plus pics.....Looking forward to seeing more info on it

Lead Moderator
    makes sense to me, same performance(or darn near) as the .45 aCP, but in a shorter casing. Questions I have are,1 will they cause KB's more often , due to the smaller casing space , 2 will the caliber become popular and stick around or go the way of the Bren 10 and other less sucessful calibers (I.E. .38 super, .41 mag. )

I have a G29 10MM with the 357 Sig BBl for it.
    I'd say the 45GAP will stick around for a while..

Assistant Administrator
    I have felt totally ambivalent over the GAP offering - tho it seems that over time it is gaining acceptance.

I doubt I'll ever go that route myself but hey - sure gives more scope for ''caliber wars'' LOL!!

.45acp vs .45 GAP
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar

Trying new things

The current issue of Handguns Magazine has a good report on the Glock 38 in .45 GAP. The cartridge seems to have potential. I have been concentrating on proficiency with the .40 S&W, so I'm not a good judge of the .45 ACP vs .45 GAP. However, new products and trying new ideas is always good to my way of thinking. Enjoy the new aquisition and shoot safe.

38 super is still around and pretty popular unlike the other calibers ya listed

I personally see no need for the 45gap but if it works for you hats all that matters

Shot an SA XD in gap the other day. IF I were going to buy a gun in that caliber, the SA would be the one.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I personally see no need for the 45gap but if it works for you hats all that matters
    Yeah, either it can be done by a .40 or a 45. I think the 9mm is good for sub-guns and specialty applications OTHER than Law Enforcement or self defense. I have a 9mm simply because it is a NATO round and theoretically available worldwide. But the .45 GAP is the answer to a question that has not been asked.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I'm hoping it takes off. I really like the idea of the GAP.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

I'm just curious as to the size of the G39. I'm waiting to see one filter in through the shop in Maine. It' supposed to be the same size as the G26 9mm. If so, it's a real good consideration for either a Primary, or BUG..

Smile

[Questions I have are,1 will they cause KB's more often , due to the smaller casing space , 2 will the caliber become popular and stick around or go the way of the Bren 10 and other less sucessful calibers (I.E. .38 super, .41 mag. )[/QUOTE]

Rocky I don't know how much reading you have done on the GAP but the cases have been beefed up and unlike the cal not running at near has high a pressure so KBs should not be a problem. As to the Caliber sticking around only time will tell. But I am betting this is going to catch on and will be around awhile.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Class3NH
    I am also curious to lay hands on a G39. I think there may be a spot for one on my belt.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links