Anyone have a LaserMax on their EDC?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a LaserMax on their EDC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it is almost tax refund time and my wife and I are considering several different things we might by for our carry guns. She ...

Thread: Anyone have a LaserMax on their EDC?

Anyone have a LaserMax on their EDC?

Well, it is almost tax refund time and my wife and I are considering several different things we might by for our carry guns. She carries an XD40sc and I carry a Glock 23. There is a LazerMax available for both models and we both are thinking of getting one for each of our guns. I have spoken to one friend who has one on his Glock 26 and he loves it. I was just wondering if any of you have a LazerMax on your gun and if so, I'd like to hear opinions of them. Any bad experiences? Good ones?

My wife and I would both like to hear them!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

We had them in our M9's for a very short period of time, until word came down from higher that they were deemed an internal mod to the pistol and had to be removed. Only actually turned it on a few times at the range during low light, and it seemed better POA/POI than most since it does ride pretty much as close under the barrel as possible. Would still love to have it in there if I could, and would love to have had a pressure switch for it if they have one out on the market, that was the only downer I could find with it. If you're using it for range feedback, or helping someone else who is learning safe and proper handling of weapons, I can see it as being a viable product, but unless there is some pressure switch for it out there, I can't say how much help this would be for CCW reasons, for the same reason I could only limit its usefulness in room clearing situations. Having to manually flip it on by pushing the on/pff button (what is usually the slide release or takedown lever) left or right limits its use for quick draw and fire instances. If you have some prep time from when you draw and when you have to sling lead, then it is a pretty good product. So guess it depends on what you want out of it.

I had it on a glock 23 that I used to have. It worked fine and didn't hurt the gun at all. No functionality problems.

I did end up taking it out when I went for a three day training class as I would accidentally turn it on when shooting. I guess either my trigger finger would turn it on when indexed on the side or my off hand thumb would depress it.

I have a laser max in my Glock 19 and love it. It has saved my life before. Check the link below.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-lasermax.html

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm going to get the Lasermax for my XD 45. It's unfortunately on the list after a new car (I totaled mine last year, and I'm renting right now).. I was able to get a great deal on Crimson Trace laser grips for my G26 last year. That's also a nice option, but it seems to be taking a while to get them available for the XD.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I have owned three of them in the past and I wouldn't hesitate to own another one. They are an excellent visual deterrent and a wonderful training tool. In my opinion they are the best pistol laser available.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

I just can't believe the recoil wouldn't shake them apart! I love the idea, but the funky on/off switch on the 1911 models chased me away.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

My Wife and My self both have Crimson Trace on our EDC, we love them!! We like the idea of an On/ Off switch for when you don't want it to come on. and the pressure activation in the grip so all you have to do is grip your weapon and the laser comes on, provided that the master on/off switch is in the on poisson.

I have one on my duty Sig, I love it.
    Just haven't gotten around to putting one on my G23 yet.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for all the replies guys.

And I see that not a single bad remark about them. That says alot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

TRACE

Is fine but get the extension for releasing your slide since it controls the off/on switch.

Links