Chopped My Glock... wanna see? - Page 2

Chopped My Glock... wanna see?

This is a discussion on Chopped My Glock... wanna see? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We can't afford to get seriously POed at our fellow shooters...no matter what type of firearm they are overly~passionate about. We CAN all get slightly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chopped My Glock... wanna see?

Administrator

Red face I Look At It This Way

We can't afford to get seriously POed at our fellow shooters...no matter what type of firearm they are overly~passionate about.
    We CAN all get slightly POed in jest.
    All of us are on the pro~gun side of the fence & that is "The Bigger More Important Picture" ~ It's All Of Us in opposition to the Anti~Gunners.
    Because they want all of the guns trashed.
    The Glocks & Colts & H&Ks & S&Ws & you get the idear....they don't want us to have ANY of them.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    lol!!! There are some thoroughbred idiots there, but there is some civil stuff too, and I enjoy reading some of the Glockaholics comments. There was a surprising thread entitled, "What's Is So Special About H&K" and you would have thought you were reading a thread from the HKPRO forum. I mean guys that have and had Glocks that were praising and defending H&K as a top quality gun.

I think what happens, some think that Glock Perfection is real and if anything is said to indicate in any way the Glocks could have any deficiency, they instantly loose it.

Your point well taken though! And let me get back to this thread and re-iterate - good work on the mod!
    Funny thing is, when I post on GlockTalk it is usually in the “Kalashnikov Korner”. Yes, I go to GlockTalk to talk about AK’s.

I do read the Glock sections a lot, I just don’t post there hardly at all.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Assistant Administrator
    Looks very nice job Jim - and I can now see the logic to doing it.

I am not a Glocker but - it makes sense - not that I reckon I'd have the patience!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    P95Carry,
    I'd better not hear you're even thinking about doing this to your Sig 226!

Assistant Administrator
    Hell NO!! .

What will work on plastic sure wouldn't work on my stainless SIG! Anyways - with the CT's it has a grip feel I just could not improve on.

Best feel gun I have, and that's saying something cos many feel good - SIG feels VERY good!
    Chris - P95

I wonder if Glock will start making a 19L for real if this becomes popular. I think they'd sell them. The Glock 19 is very popular and a 19L would be worthwhile by extension.

Well, I shot the G19L against a G19(2nd Gen) and a G19 (3rd Gen) last night on a 3 steel plates (8") at 7,10,15 yards for speed and double taps and there was not really any discernible difference between the two 2nd Gen's, but the 3rd still did not fit my hand and I missed more with it. I think my doubles at 7 yrds were a little faster though. I wrapped Powerflex tape around the middle of the grip to make a finger groove though so it had better control than the smooth 2nd Gen.

I wonder how a G34 cut down would work? :)

No, I'm not gonna chop one... well maybe if I found a trade. :)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Hell NO!! .

What will work on plastic sure wouldn't work on my stainless SIG! Anyways - with the CT's it has a grip feel I just could not improve on.

Best feel gun I have, and that's saying something cos many feel good - SIG feels VERY good!
    I don't have CT grips but the factory grips are about as good as I can stand and from what you say, the CTs must be better.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Hell NO!! .

You wouldn't want to make a Sig 208 out of a 210?

Assistant Administrator
    You wouldn't want to make a Sig 208 out of a 210?
    Nope!!

from what you say, the CTs must be better.
    Tangle - very subjective I guess so hard to say if you'd agree tho I think you would. Something to do with the contours, the ''hand-filling quotient'' if you will. I had no complaints with the std grips - just that once CT's were on it felt even better.

Here is my usual pic I post of the SIG, with CT's but then another pic I took soon after getting it and before grip change. The small wrap at front with CT's is also a plus I find for feel.

Chris - P95

Senior Moderator
    How do you like the laser?

Do you practice with it much?

One thought I had for a laser sight is to develop a technique for moving with minimal disturbance of the gun. The "Groucho" is one way that is taught for moving, shooting etc, but unles you can actually shoot, you really don't know how well you're doing. The laser would let you see how much your gun index is disturbed by your motion.

Oh, and nice looking gun!

Assistant Administrator
    I am a great fan of CT's - on any gun. They do well on my wheel guns to which they are fitted but these on the SIG really take top spot for shere feel.

I do practice quite a bit yes. By leaving main switch always on - then any and every time I draw and fire/dry fire - it is activated. I do tho mostly come to shooting position as if it were not there - I do not want to lose my instinctive sighting/pointing feel.

That said - of course as soon as I am up and onto target, there is the dot anyways unless ultra bright lighting like sunlight.

The other aspect of useage with practice is exploiting it for use from low ready - so point shooting but greatly assisted. So much so does this help - I think I could (if allowed) shoot IDPA for instance from low ready and still do quite well.

Yet one more big plus I see with these is, shall we say - the ability to shoot round corners better!! It means that if cover is in use and we really want to minimize exposure then the gun can be used from many positions because of no need to draw a sight picture.

Some folks hate anything with batteries - but with these, they are purely an adjunct - open sights are still there and so therefore are the night sight inserts. Downside is the expense - lot of extra cash to lavish on an already expensive gun but hey - if it's the carry piece it might as well be max'd for effectiveness.

Set-up of the laser does require a bit of time and patience initially and I set all mine for the standard 21' range. Understandably with the offset to one side there is some parallax effect - but set for 21' then the accuracy is still plenty adequate from closer up to out to 50 feet I'd say. Once set I have found they hold that totally, so it's a one of deal just after fitting.
    Chris - P95

Alright you bunch of thread drifters!!! :)

I updated the page to show the side cuts I added to the gun if anyone wants to see.

Darn You...now I want one

Seriously, nice job, you're far braver than I am. I'll take a dremel to my knives but I don't yet possess the courage to do anything to my guns.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Kenpotex,

It's just Tupperware.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links