Now I want a Kahr T9

This is a discussion on Now I want a Kahr T9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Kahr MK9 a while ago to replace my hefty S&W 4516 as a concealed carry gun. I am nothing but pleased with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I want a Kahr T9

Now I want a Kahr T9

I bought a Kahr MK9 a while ago to replace my hefty S&W 4516 as a concealed carry gun. I am nothing but pleased with the little Kahr. It loves 124gn Gold Dots and is as reliable as the Sun coming up in the morning. Now I have been looking at the Kahr T9 which is a 4" version that holds 9 rounds. Before I pay the stiff price demanded for this gun has anyone bought one yet and if so how do you like it?.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bluesteel View Post
    I bought a Kahr MK9 a while ago to replace my hefty S&W 4516 as a concealed carry gun. I am nothing but pleased with the little Kahr. It loves 124gn Gold Dots and is as reliable as the Sun coming up in the morning. Now I have been looking at the Kahr T9 which is a 4" version that holds 9 rounds. Before I pay the stiff price demanded for this gun has anyone bought one yet and if so how do you like it?.
    I put 500 rounds through a rented T9 in a concealed carry course. I absolutely loved it. I currently own a CW9 and I want to get a K9 (3.5" barrel vs. 4").
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Administrator
    I do not own one, but did get to put one through its paces... I like it a lot. I carry a PM9 regularly, and I'll carry a G19 or 228 if I want to carry a larger gun; The T9 is nice and thin and carries well but I dont see any huge advantage over my other two larger choices.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I do not own one, but did get to put one through its paces... I like it alot. I carry a PM9 regularly, and I'll carry a G19 or 228 if I want to carry a larger gun; The T9 is nice and thin and carries well but I dont see any huge advantage over my other two larger choices.
    Yep, I understand what you are saying about the larger guns. I started out with a full size 1911 before deciding that I wanted a D/A .45. I have carried the 4516 Smith for several years and it has been reliable and accurate. I really hated to move from a .45acp to a nine but after someone put a MK9 in my hand at the range, and I was able to put all 6 rds into a 2" circle @ 10 yds I decided that this is the ideal carry gun for me. I carry it in a IWB holster and it is comfortable and invisible under a tee shirt.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I do own one and I like it very much. Very accurate, a soft shooter with a nice trigger. You'll like it, no doubt.

EW3
    Picking up my CW40 tonight. I've heard nothing but good things about Kahrs, and the CW9 I rented and shot a few weeks ago seemed as solidly built and reliable as any of my Sigs.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I'm a BIG fan of the steel-framed Kahrs (have K40 & T9), I'm not so fond of the polymer-framed models (no flame-up here gents, just my experienced opinion). My T9 is an ideal 9mm CCW that's small enough to conceal but big enough with which to practice & shoot regularly. The ONLY possible grouse I have about Kahr autoloaders is the l-o-n-g trigger reset...other than than (small) issue I believe they hold their own against any self-defense handgun in the world!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

[QUOTE=ghost tracker;627230] The ONLY possible grouse I have about Kahr autoloaders is the l-o-n-g trigger reset...
    [QUOTE]but you only need to get used to it....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    but you only need to get used to it....
    Indeed. IMNSHO you shouldn't be anticipating the trigger break anyways. Smooth pull... BANG... you should be surprised and not care how far your finger traveled (3/8" isn't bad anyways). The only thing that bothers me is a rough and/or hard trigger pull, and the Kahr is neither of those.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Just treat the trigger pull like a DAO revolver. There's no reset to one of them either.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

I have one with wonderful, attractive wood grips and a total of 3 magazines.

I appreciate the Kahrs for their thin frames. I also like that the T9 really "points". When I let others hold/shoot it they felt the same way.

I have carried it since getting my CHL but it hasn't entered into being one of my main carry choices. I'm still experimenting with holsters and generally prefer to pack a Glock, even if it's just the G 27 in a pocket holster.

There is an additional feature of the Kahrs familiar to Glock owners, magazines shared between pistols. The T9's long mags can go into the PM 9. If one chose to carry New York Reload then the T 9's mag could be fed to the PM 9 if need be. I consider the PM 9 to be a great pocket carry handgun.

The T 9 is solid and as such may not be as light to carry but less of a pain to fire as opposed to polymer framed Kahrs.

I've offered both my T 9 and PM 9 as trade items a few times but the deal usually never got beyond the offer stages.

I also have the MK9 and love it. One of my pals has the T9. Each time we shoot together, he laments that he didn't get the MK9 instead. Have you looked at the CW9? That might give you the best of both worlds.

I know I'm hooked on Glocks and CZs so I've got "safe queens" tying up my storage space.

I just watched the new movie "the brave one " it seems her kahr worked very well thats my new favorite movie,check it out.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I just watched the new movie "the brave one " it seems her kahr worked very well thats my new favorite movie,check it out.
    It looked big in Foster's hand. Was it a P45?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links