I Neeeeed Help

This is a discussion on I Neeeeed Help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I'm officially addicted. Bought another new pistol today. Well, sort of -- traded for it. Last year when my wife was going to ...

Thread: I Neeeeed Help

Wink I Neeeeed Help

I think I'm officially addicted. Bought another new pistol today. Well, sort of -- traded for it. Last year when my wife was going to get her CCH, I took her to the local gun shop and told her to pick out what she wanted. She held several, sighted down them, fondled them and finally settled on a Beretta Nickel 85FS Cheetah. She loved it right up until the time we got the range and discovered she didn't have the hand strength to rack the slide. Ultimately, I found her an 86 Beretta with the tip-up barrel. The 85 has been laying in the safe since then. Last week, when I went in to pick up my new Sig 239, they had two PPS Walthers sitting there and I've been thinking about them ever since. Well, today I took the 85 safe queen down and traded for the PPS. Cool looking gun. Disassembly and reassembly are as easy, or easier, than any gun I've ever owned. The real plus is that when wife got home I had her try it and she can rack the slide on this one. So, I got a new gun but the wife has latched onto it. Guess that's better than having her mad about me buying another gun. Couple pics below, but you've all seen this gun by now and it's not really a "beauty" anyway.

Hoss

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

Congrats Hoss! I've been eying up the PPS for quite some time now. You need help? Not really sure what to suggest. The only comforting words I can offer is that you aren't alone!

VIP Member
    Cute little gun, looks like a good ladies gun.

Assistant Administrator
    it's not really a "beauty" anyway.
    Ah but - ''beauty is in the eye of the beholder'' - and the hand of the shooter

If your boat is well and truly floated that is what matters
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My father in law has one of these for his daily carry and loves it...I didn't mind shooting it, but it does eject the brass almost vertical.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Cute little gun, looks like a good ladies gun.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Couple pics below, but you've all seen this gun by now and it's not really a "beauty" anyway.
    I know what you mean, but I wouldn't worry about the beauty part. IMO all ccw are beauties, those pointed at me are not.

Congratulations on the addiction. Funny thing I have an interest in purchasing the same two guns, in fact I had a recent thread about 239 vs PPS. I've pretty much decided that I'll eventually get both, though I'll probably get the 239 first.

I'm anxious to hear from you your impression on how both shoot.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

nice looking pistol. i'll have to show that one to the wife.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Good choice!

I have a PPS First Editon as my everyday carry. For me, I use a Desantis Speed Scabbard, but there are (finally) a lot of choices out there!

Walther PPS Holsters
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    The only comforting words I can offer is that you aren't alone!
    I've always heard that misery loves company. Only problem is I'm getting so many great carry guns in my collection, that I'm having a tough time deciding which one to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Funny thing I have an interest in purchasing the same two guns, in fact I had a recent thread about 239 vs PPS. I've pretty much decided that I'll eventually get both, though I'll probably get the 239 first.

I'm anxious to hear from you your impression on how both shoot.
    I'm pretty sure that the Sig is going to end up as my EDC after I get my holster from Nate. Unfortunately, I'm having to send it back to Sig and so will be a bit before I can do a range report. The problem is cosmetic (some machining marks on the slide) but I thought that a gun with a MSRP of almost a thousand bucks shouldn't have them and Sig agrees. So far, my contacts with their customer service dept. have been outstanding. They sent me a shipping label to send it back on their dime plus I had inquired about how much they would charge to install a rear night sight (the SAS model comes with front night sight) and they replied that while the charge was normally $55.00, they would do it as a courtesy for my inconvenience of having to send the pistol back.

Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    nice looking pistol. i'll have to show that one to the wife.
    Yup, that's the mistake I made. Thought I was going to have another carry gun to choose from but once she discovered she could cycle the slide on this one, she got all excited. I wonder if this counts as a Valentine's present? Oh well, I'm actually glad she likes it as I'll feel much better about her carrying a 9 instead of the 380.

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Good choice!

I have a PPS First Editon as my everyday carry. For me, I use a Desantis Speed Scabbard, but there are (finally) a lot of choices out there!
    Just got off the phone with DeSantis and order a Speed Scabbard and a Cozy Partner for the PPS. If the wife ends up really liking this pistol, hopefully Nate will add the PPS to his lineup and I can get her one of his holsters to carry in. BTW, we share more than liking the same firearms.

Hoss (Randy)
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

VIP Member
    Good looking weapon... congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

How does the thing shoot it look great and Its a Walthers. I own a PPKS in .380 great gun.

PD Bill
    Last edited by PD Bill; February 20th, 2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by PD Bill View Post
    How does the thing shoot it look great and Its a Walthers. I own a PPKS in .380 great gun.

PD Bill
    If I ever get to the range, I'll let ya know. Weather's been lousy, business keeping me busy, Mom in hospital. Throw in that it's a 35 mile round trip to the range and I'd like to wait to get my Sig 239 back from Sig before I try and make time to go to the range. Add in that my wife has latched onto this PPS so I really need to wait until she can go with me. Don't know why, but she gets upset when I take "her" guns to the range without her.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links