Need some opinions on next purchase

This is a discussion on Need some opinions on next purchase within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am about to make my next gun purchase and would like your opinions. I have a $350 limit and want either a small, easier ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some opinions on next purchase

I am about to make my next gun purchase and would like your opinions. I have a $350 limit and want either a small, easier to conceal handgun, or a shotgun for the house. I already own and carry an XD45c, but it's very hard for me to conceal it IWB so I carry in a SmartCarry. I want a smaller handgun for IWB or pocket carry, or a shotgun. I just wanted to hear some opinions as to which you all would buy. Thanks in advance.

In that price point , a Bersa .380

Bersa 380CC (Concealed Carry)
    Bersa’s New Thunder 380 Concealed Carry .380 ACP Auto Pistol

I love mine!

I carry an XD9sc in a Smartcarry. It's not much smaller than your 45c. I own a large second gun, but like you I wanted a small gun for a backup. I'm in the process of buying a used S&W j-frame pre-lock .38 for pocket or IWB. Some people I respect carry a revolver for backup to their autos, and I can see the benefits. You might be able to find a used j-frame for under $350.

While I was waiting for the .38 deal to happen, I ran across a Keltec P3AT for a good price. Realizing some have had reliability issues with these, I was skeptical. But I learned the serial number dating method and purchased a recently built P3AT. They seem to be more reliable than the earlier models. So far so good, and it conceals like nothing else. I don't trust it enough to carry it alone, but I will be carrying it a lot as a pocket gun when a large second gun isn't a good idea.

Of course, a good mid-size auto wouldn't be out of the question, either. But I've settled on a j-frame revolver mainly for reliability, ease of shooting with my off hand, and good concealibility... and the Keltec when even a j-frame might be difficult to conceal.

The shotgun is coming later.

Taurus millenium pro series or the 24/7. The 24/7 was featured in combat handguns this month and the author gave it a thumbs up.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

The new Ruger baby .380 looked real sweet at the SHOT Show! It'll sell under $300. Personally, I'd prefer a used Remington 870 with an 18" barrel and rifled slug sights. Fun near and far!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    I am about to make my next gun purchase and would like your opinions. I have a $350 limit and want either a small, easier to conceal handgun, or a shotgun for the house. I already own and carry an XD45c, but it's very hard for me to conceal it IWB so I carry in a SmartCarry. I want a smaller handgun for IWB or pocket carry, or a shotgun. I just wanted to hear some opinions as to which you all would buy. Thanks in advance.
    Shotgun - best firepower you can get cheap.

This is a Maverick 12 ga. pump. It is made by Mossberg.

Maverick model 88 12ga shotgun. 20" barrel, 3" chamber, 8 shot capacity, blued finish, synthetic stocks.

You can buy one NEW for about $250

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Mossberg is a good gun for the money.

Check out a Kahr P9 or PM9 they are only .90 inch wide but yet holds 6 + 1 rounds (in flush mag) of 9mm

Although this is perfect for CCW its $600-$700 depending on where you buy it...

I just bought the PM9 for my wife after a couple months of looking at different guns & of course concelability was her issue & by the way that little sucker is accurate as **** right out of the box

I would wait for the new Ruger 380 to come out in a month or so...IMO

two ways to go here. i would look for a good used j-frame and/or a good used remington 870. both are great guns. hard to beat. now nothing wrong with the kel tec p3at. some have had problems, some not. or look at the kel tec p11 or the new pf9. both are great guns. to me out the group, the p3at the the one for pocket carry. go to the kel tec org site and read up on the p3at. good luck, no matter what you get, you will love it. i have never met a gun i did not like and/or have had fun with.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

You will get a lot more shotgun for $350 than you will handgun.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I've got a Kel-tec PF9 that I got for less than that, it is much smaller and does very well for me.

FMC

Quote Originally Posted by raffysoriano View Post
    In that price point , a Bersa .380
    The Bersa Firestorm 380 got rave reviews from Gun tests the consumer resource for the serious shooter. - worth checking out if you are considering the purchase. It was compared to the walther ppk and hi-point cf.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Gotta go with a shotgun, No home is complete without atleast 2
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links