Which one???

This is a discussion on Which one??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by forestranger ...and trigger much better than P11. +1, it's the same / close to the P3AT....

View Poll Results: Which one would get?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kel-Tec PF-9, 9MM Single Stack mag. 7+1, Blued $333.00

63 45.32%
  • Kahr PM9093N, 9MM 7+1, $890.00

76 54.68%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which one???

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger View Post
    ...and trigger much better than P11.
    +1, it's the same / close to the P3AT.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

2. Remove Ads

J'd wait on the PF9 for two things;

1. For all of the bugs to get worked out. I understand that there are a few. The first generation of the P3AT had issues that were resolved after a couple of years and a new generation designation.

2. To see if Ruger comes out with something similar, like they did when they released their new little .380 that closely resembles the P3AT...and will probably work a little better. I love my P3AT (for what it is), but given the choice, I'd have gone with the Ruger .380 that will be available in a month or so.

That's what I think. YMMV.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    J'd wait on the PF9 for two things;

1. For all of the bugs to get worked out. I understand that there are a few. The first generation of the P3AT had issues that were resolved after a couple of years and a new generation designation.

2. To see if Ruger comes out with something similar, like they did when they released their new little .380 that closely resembles the P3AT...and will probably work a little better. I love my P3AT (for what it is), but given the choice, I'd have gone with the Ruger .380 that will be available in a month or so.

That's what I think. YMMV.
    1~Many of us own first gen AT's with 0 issues, I have 2.

2~It took Ruger 5 years to come out with it's version of the AT... That's a long wait for a pistol that no one knows if it works or not yet, or when it will hit the market.

Just because a firearm is introduced at SHOT doesn't mean it's in production. It could still be a year or two out before gun shops stocks them.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    The trigger on the Kahr puts the Kel-Tec to shame... I owned a P11 for several years, and now I own a Kahr MK9. My MK9 won't be going anywhere any time soon.

There is an obvious difference in the quality between the two if you have owned both, trust me. However, if you need to save money then the KT will work.

Oh and like SixTo said, that price is way high for a PM9. Around here I would find one around the $600 range.

Please remember he is not looking at a p-11 he is looking at a pf9, and there is a HUGE difference in the trigger mechanism of the 11/pf9, that having been refreshed yes the kahr is higher in price for a reason, and I have yet to meet a kahr owner who didnt like the trigger on it, compared to a p-11. of course I have yet to meet anyone who liked the trigger on a p-11, met a few who could live with it, even fewer who claimed it didnt bother them tooo much, but have never found someone who liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    Please remember he is not looking at a p-11 he is looking at a pf9, and there is a HUGE difference in the trigger mechanism of the 11/pf9, that having been refreshed yes the kahr is higher in price for a reason, and I have yet to meet a kahr owner who didnt like the trigger on it, compared to a p-11. of course I have yet to meet anyone who liked the trigger on a p-11, met a few who could live with it, even fewer who claimed it didnt bother them tooo much, but have never found someone who liked it.
    I am aware that the OP is asking about the PF9. What I have owned is the P11, and I own an MK9, which is not the Kahr model in question either. I was making a comparison of two pistols that are very similar to the models in question (because they are the models I know best), and I am assuming that the OP can see that and draw his own conclusions.

I have held a PF9 and dry fired it, looked at it, and it is clearly not the same quality as any firearm Kahr offers. That being said, not everyone wants to spend 600 clams. If you are willing to pay less for lower quality then the KT is for you.

I am not a KT hater, I promise. My P11 never once jammed on me, and it was carried through rain and dropped in mud many times. But I decided I wanted something better, so I bought the Kahr and couldn't be happier.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Well I would like to say thank you for all your input. So thank you. I am going to try a Range that has a rent-a-gun in it. If i cant find one I would just save my money for about one year and see what is new and will fit my needs. Once agin thank you.

Johnny

VIP Member
    PF-9. It goes bang everytime and hides well in a crossbreed supertuck.

Well, I'd have to base my decision on the price. PF-9 wins.

Distinguished Member
    Voted for PF-9. It does not have the fit and finish of the Kahr, but do you want to buy a show piece or a carry piece?

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I have never fired a Kel-Tec, and actually it may be a great weapon ... but I look at it in this way. Would you want to bet your life and maybe that of your family on a $300 maybe good gun or a for sure quality weapon. Just an observation of one who carried a BHP 40 and a 9 ... I know, I know it's not a Kimber, but it is better then throwing rocks...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Oh yeah, it is a little harder to conceal a BHP...but that why we wear jackets.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

PF9

can't beat the price with a stick
    fairly accurate
    goes bang everytime

i have one of the early ones even ( the R1 serial) never had a problem with it ever. Plus I've TRIED to make it jam by limpwristing, still went bang the whole time. great little gun
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    I have never fired a Kel-Tec, and actually it may be a great weapon ... but I look at it in this way. Would you want to bet your life and maybe that of your family on a $300 maybe good gun or a for sure quality weapon.
    Just an observation, there are other forums in which the same argument is made with the Kahr being the low end choice.

<><Peace

I vote for the Kahr I bought my wife a PM9 to carry & ill be honest, its one sweet little gun very nice features & extremely accurate & its only .90 in wide with a 3 in barrel & of course 9mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links