I think I am going to buy another one

This is a discussion on I think I am going to buy another one within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well for grins I looked at a Kimber Pro Carry II SS, oh goodness, I have a Glock 23, Glock 27, Springer 1911 5" loaded ...

Thread: I think I am going to buy another one

I think I am going to buy another one

Well for grins I looked at a Kimber Pro Carry II SS, oh goodness, I have a Glock 23, Glock 27, Springer 1911 5" loaded and a S&W 642 for CCW. Lately I was wanting a .45 to carry and have been looking at the Glock 21sf, I have been carrying the 5" Springer around, and for some reason, and this is just my opinion, but a 1911 feels like a piece of surgical equipment, and that Kimber felt good. The Glocks just don't feel that precise, although I shoot the same with the G23 and 1911 it's just the way it feels. Any one else know what I am talking about? and should I get the Kimber? so far just last year I Built an AR15, got rid of a 14 year old Sig 239 to get the G27, Bought the S&W 642, REM 870 Police, REM 700 SPS Varmit
    .308, various holsters and accesories for all of them. Man will my wife be so exited
    http://www.concealedcampus.org/

Best wishes to ALL and your families
    KEEP 'EM SAFE

2. Remove Ads

Man will my wife be so exited
    LOL

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

Yes, get the Kimber!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Go for the Kimber, awesome pistol.

I have 2 of them..Pro carry is a great carry gun.

I also have two Kimbers. ProCarry II and Compact II. You are gonna love the accuracy.

Administrator
    I think the 1911 has a perfect grip feel - for me anyway. I love the way a .45 feels in hand. It's very ergonomically ideal for my hand.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    I have 2 of them..Pro carry is a great carry gun.
    I was also thinking of the Pro Carry II for my EDC, but wonder about whether the standard size grip will make it difficult to conceal with just shorts and a T shirt in Florida. This got me leaning more toward the Ultra Carry II. The Stainless Compart II with the shorter grip would be easier to conceal, but seems a bit heavy for EDC at 33oz.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I think the commander size 1911 is the perfect size for carry. I like the bobtail option even better.

I vote for the "get the Kimber route"...I have two...love 'em both...

Stay armed...Ultra in .45...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Give me a 1911 with the flat mainspring housing and a stipled front strap (checkering eats my hands up after long shooting sessions). Fit's these hands like a glove. Oh, also make it a Springer Champion .
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I was also thinking of the Pro Carry II for my EDC, but wonder about whether the standard size grip will make it difficult to conceal with just shorts and a T shirt in Florida. This got me leaning more toward the Ultra Carry II. The Stainless Compart II with the shorter grip would be easier to conceal, but seems a bit heavy for EDC at 33oz.

Ron

Shorts and a T may be a challenge. 33oz. is a little heavy for shorts but a good belt will hold it up.

I would probably go with Springer but the Kimber Pro Carry SS is only 28oz and the only LW Springer has to offer is the Green/Black Operator, I preffer not to have a rail on my 1911's , I don't have any lights mounted to my guns because I like to be able to move my light independently to my gun if need be, it's what I have learned and works for me there are a few other brands that I would like to have but don't have the 2-3k to buy one
    http://www.concealedcampus.org/

Best wishes to ALL and your families
    KEEP 'EM SAFE

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    The Glocks just don't feel that precise, although I shoot the same with the G23 and 1911 it's just the way it feels. Any one else know what I am talking about?
    If you like the Kimber get it.
    Just a comment on the quote though. If you like the polymer guns try a SA XD, It feels similar to a 1911 in my hand.

Links