LAYAWAY on New XD9sc

LAYAWAY on New XD9sc

This is a discussion on LAYAWAY on New XD9sc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I did it. I put money down on a new CCW gun for myself today. After much consideration and trials/testing out of a few ...

Talking LAYAWAY on New XD9sc

Well I did it.

I put money down on a new CCW gun for myself today. After much consideration and trials/testing out of a few different sub-compacts in the past few weeks, the XD9sc won out.

I luv my 92FS, but it was just too bulky to conceal since I'm not a fan of IWB holster in general, and the OWB paddle I found/use for it didn't prop it high enough on my waist. I have been using the wife's T380 in short trips to "get a feel" for actually carrying. -(yes I did the WALMART gig) I found the smaller size of the T380 easier to "relax" with, and get in the right mind set of not constantly thinking everybody around me knows I'm carrying.

The XD retailed for $599 - $649 depending on the retailer, but I know the owner of the gun shop I mainly use (I've bought my other pistols from him), and shoot at the range with a few of his employees, so he cut me a deal of $525 out the door (or layaway in my case) with all the "extras" the XD comes with. I also was a fan of the 16rnd high cap. mag w/finger extention and the 10rnd mag for concealment

I'm also seriously considering the Insight X2L rail mount light/laser combo. But then the whole holster issue becomes increasingly more difficult. The X2L is about another $160 bucks, so it's on the back burner for now.

I stuck with the 9mm instead of .40S&W or .45ACP for the simple reasons that it's WAY cheaper to shoot and IMHP the right 9mm defensive round is more than enough. - my current choice : Federal HYDRA-SHOCK 135grn JHP.

Needless to say...... I'm very excited and now it's just a waiting game.

Oh yea.....boy this is getting expensive! Way to go tax refund!!!
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Congrats! I would love to get one of those. Seem to be very nice, unfortunatly, my local shop doesn't carry the subcompacts for some reason.

looks pretty sweet! just curious how does layaway work? do you just throw down whatever every week till its paid off?

Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    looks pretty sweet! just curious how does layaway work? do you just throw down whatever every week till its paid off?
    That's exactly it. I dropped $150 yesterday, and I've got 6 months to pay it off. (I'm aiming for mid Apr.) If I don't/can't, I'll get a re-fund on the amt. I have paid, minus a re-stocking fee from the store. Oh and if I decide to change my mind on the actuall gun.....I can transfer my paid amt. to another. nice!

Works pretty well actually. Most places don't let you do layaway or "charge" on account. I've lived in bigger centers and they've never heard of or beleive in the concept it seems. But a few still practice it, especially the smaller businesses with a "home-town" atmosphere.

It's all good.
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

ahhh the guy at a local store here was trying to get me to put a gun on layaway but im not sure what i want so i told him no....illl definately be trying that out if i cant afford it outright when i buy

thanks for the info! :)

I own the XD .40sc. this is my first xd and I am in love with it. it is an accurate pistol. It must shoot better with the 9 mm round. good purchase.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Congrats on the XD9SC. You will enjoy it (when you finally get it).

I just ran another 200 rounds through our new one Friday. Up to 500+ through it now without any hiccups period. I do trust it.

The excellent performance of our XD45 service was a significant deciding factor on purchasing the smaller 9.

One thing I quickly noticed, it is incredibly easy to point shoot the little thing (one handed, weak hand, on the move etc). Get to know it before you spend money on lasers, you may be suprized.

I have been carrying it either in a Crossbreed (easy to forget it’s on) or in a Mr. Softy appendix style (super easy access). There are plenty holster makers out there producing quality products for it. With a little research you should be able to find what you like easily.

Enjoy.

Congratultions! That will be a great carry pistol for you.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love my XD40SC, and im sure that you will love you XD9SC.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My XD9sc has over 1000 rounds through it.No worries.

Links