Thinking about a Glock 29.

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Glock 29. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a G29 and love it. It is my go to gun every time I go to the woods. I don't have a good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about a Glock 29.

I bought a G29 and love it. It is my go to gun every time I go to the woods. I don't have a good carry rig for concealed carry yet, maybe soon. I have carried it OWB with a coat over it.

When I went through my CCW course the instructor said- "carry the largest caliber you can accurately shoot." Well I didn't find any caliber that I couldn't handle along the way and found the ultimate auto round.

I (was) concerned about the 10mm disappearing before I bought- I have since found a growing trend in the caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Well my local GS will sell me a NIB G29 w/factory night sights for $635 OTD (we have 7%ST). Seems like a decent deal. What are the factory night sights on the G29? How are they and what do they compare to? I was thinking about going with the low end model and adding my own night sights (mepro?). I'm awaiting a quote on the non steel, non night sight G29. Topglock looks like my best quote so far but after shipping and FFL fee, I'm not that far off of getting it local so I think I'll stick to supporting my local guy for a few extra bucks. He gave me a great deal earlier on a PM9 so I'm feeling loyal.
    Here are some thoughts on your post:
    You could get a better deal at Buds Gun Shop (updated hourly) but if you're loyal to your local shop- it's an OK price. It's nice to have a local shop to go back to!
    I have 2 Glocks w/ factory nite sites, they're good and very similar to meprolites. If you want nite sites I recommend just buying the gun that already has them (ie. factory)

Good luck- I think you'll like the G-29.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    Here are some thoughts on your post:
    You could get a better deal at Buds Gun Shop (updated hourly) but if you're loyal to your local shop- it's an OK price. It's nice to have a local shop to go back to!
    I have 2 Glocks w/ factory nite sites, they're good and very similar to meprolites. If you want nite sites I recommend just buying the gun that already has them (ie. factory)

Good luck- I think you'll like the G-29.
    Thanks kylebce,

Bud's actually came in at $562 shipped for steel non night sights. Add my $25ish FFL fee and the local $635 OTD deal for a factory night sight model doesn't sound that bad. In fact, a factory night sight G29 from Bud's may actually be higher after my FFL fee.

I'm glad you like yours. I was wondering about concealing it also. I'm going to give this shoulder holster a shot:
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

Heck, it was only $35 so if it doesn't work well with the G29 it should handle my PM9 fine when I don't pocket carry it.

Thanks again for your input.

I have a Crossbreed super-tuck for my G23 that works great. The diminsions are close between the two: same length, G29 is fractionally shorter in the grip and a bit wider, but it should conceal alright. I will probably see if crossbreed has the same rig for a G29/G30 (most likely.)

I chose a Blackhawk Serpa for woods & hunting carry (alot of climbing & jumping)due to the retention, but it sticks out from the hip & just isn't made to conceal.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Thought I'd pitch in...four years later. I have owned a Glock 29SF for one year now and love it. No complaints. I can even say my carry load for outdoors is manageable in this weapon: DoubleTap 200gr hardcast. In fact, I ENJOY shooting my Glock 29 with high power loads, and I'm a small-ish 150lb guy. I especially love the confidence it gives me up in the mountains and around our cabin where bear and especially moose are FREQUENT encounters. I've researched 10mm enough to feel totally confident in its abilities to penetrate and do the necessary damage. It's also a gun that can get dirty and keep working. I wear it hiking and riding quads in the mountains. I even wrecked a motorcycle wearing it and slide down the dirt road ON the gun (hip paddle holster). Sure, the grip and slide got scraped up, but it still works great! A glock is a tool, unlike most 1911s. You wear it and use it like you would a hammer, and it's tough as one. Love my 29SF. It's a keeper.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    I'm in the same boat. For some reason I have a 10mm itch
    Ughh... same here... too bad I won't have the funds for at least a year or 2...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I have owned one for a long time and absolutely love it (29SF). It shoots very nice considering the power it delivers. It is my home defense gun, but It is nice to know I could carry if I wanted to. I also added the pinky extension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links