Queston for you Sig Experts

This is a discussion on Queston for you Sig Experts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new Sig P220 Carry SAS and I was thinking about getting the Action Enhancement Package or the "SRT" Short Reset Trigger offered ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queston for you Sig Experts

Question Queston for you Sig Experts

I have a new Sig P220 Carry SAS and I was thinking about getting the Action Enhancement Package or the "SRT" Short Reset Trigger offered by SigArms Custom shop. Any thoughts on these two packages? Should I get one over the other or both?

I can tell you that I am looking for a lighter and shorter trigger pull. Went to the ranger the other day and after a few rounds it seems the trigger pull is a bit long. Maybe its me and I'll get used to the trigger in time.

Thanks for your input....

Jeff
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

2. Remove Ads

Since your pistol is the SAS model, doesn't it have the DAK trigger? If so, the Action Enhancement Package may not do you much good for the price. From Sig's web site:
    ACTION ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE
    • Hone and polish critical surfaces
    • Lighten and smooth both DA and SA trigger pulls
    • Excludes SP2022, Mosquito®, SAO triggers and variants
    Improvements are not as pronounced on DAK trigger system
    $149.95
    You may want to give it a bit more time and see if you don't adjust to the trigger as it is currently.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Maybe the single-action only SIG 220 would have been what you needed. Have thought seriously about one of them myself. Even more since I saw a thread about a 10mm conversion available.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

Administrator
    The SRT is not going to lighten or smooth anything out, its just going to shorten the reset.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto,

I was waiting for your response to this one! Follow up...is there anything that will do more than affect the reset?
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Administrator
    Yeah, you can send it out to a smith, such as GreyGuns for a trigger job. Wolff springs might help a little bit, other than that break it in! Sigs get much smoother with age.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah, you can send it out to a smith, such as GreyGuns for a trigger job. Wolff springs might help a little bit, other than that break it in! Sigs get much smoother with age.
    Like any good Scotch! Thanks. I'm very happy with my SAS P229, but I've only got about 1000 rounds through it and the trigger is the one thing I would modify.

And, with that...to the range!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Since your pistol is the SAS model, doesn't it have the DAK trigger? If so, the Action Enhancement Package may not do you much good for the price. From Sig's web site:
    ACTION ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE
    • Hone and polish critical surfaces
    • Lighten and smooth both DA and SA trigger pulls
    • Excludes SP2022, Mosquito®, SAO triggers and variants
    Improvements are not as pronounced on DAK trigger system
    $149.95
    You may want to give it a bit more time and see if you don't adjust to the trigger as it is currently.

Hoss
    Yes, it has the DAK trigger and I also saw that about the "improvements are not as pronounced on DAK trigger." I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with SIGARMS custom shop and about these specific enhancements.

I guess I could convert it to a SAO trigger. That is another option or spend more time at the range as Sixto suggested. I only have about 300 rounds through it.

Thanks for your input.
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Gray Guns also does their own, in house, short reset job that is different from the Sig factory SRT. They have a special DAK package, too:

DAK duty action service

As good as the factory DAK action feels, it can be improved a bit. This package yields the smoothest possible DA pull, and includes feed & reliability work, internal detailing and thorough testing with sight regulation. It's appropriate for carry and duty weapons as well as IDPA and range-only guns. Factory springs and safety values are maintained.

$210
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I am not so sure a standard DA or DAK SIG can be converted to SAO. Of course, I am absolutely spoiled by the DAK trigger, being an old sixgunner. A 7 to 8 pound trigger on a DA sixgun is not easy to obtain while maintaining reliable ignition, yet SIG gives us that in a reliable autopistol. Edited to add: If a SIG's DA or DAK trigger pull is a bit much, try the factory short trigger, or a TJ Customs trigger. It might make a world of difference; it surely did/does for me.

If you want a shorter trigger pull have you identified the "intermediate trigger reset" point. Here is my entry from wikepedia on the DAK.

SIG recently released an improved version of the double-action only (DAO) pistols; this version is called the DAK (for Double Action Kellerman, after the designer of the system). When firing the pistol the first trigger pull is only 6.5 lbf (compared to 12 lbf for the standard DAO). After the pistol fires and the trigger is released forward the trigger has an intermediate reset point that is approximately halfway to the trigger at rest position. The trigger pull from this intermediate reset point is 8.5 lbf. If the trigger is released all the way forward, this will engage the primary trigger reset and have a trigger pull of 6.5 lbf. To engage the intermediate reset the trigger must be held to the rear while the slide is cycled, either manually or by the recoil of a round being fired.

So if you are not finding the short reset you may be slapping the trigger.

Sig already claims the DAK is as smooth as a custom trigger job. I don't know a single thing about the SRT trigger system. -Jay

Check out Grey's response here:

Greyguns DAK Work -
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

VIP Member
    I had Gray Guns do their Action Cleanup Package on my P6...excellent work. I'm sure their DAK trigger work is equally great.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I have a Sig P220 Carry DAK in 45ACP. Just practice more and do some dry fire practice at home to smooth out the trigger and get use to it.
    If you get into a shooting (heaven forbid that) and the Lawyers find out you tricked out the trigger, it might cause you some trouble.

The DAK trigger is what the Homeland Defense and most Police Depts. use today. If it's good enough for them, the courts might not be so hard on you.

Just my humble opinion.

But after all is said, it's your gun. Do what you want with it.
    Good luck.

Keep your gun the way it is......the enhancment isn't going to do much more than what you already have, except shorten your trigger pull........I'd say it's not worth the 150.00 I know, cuz I've worked there
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links