Sig 225/p6 used law enforcement guns?

This is a discussion on Sig 225/p6 used law enforcement guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried to search on this so if it has already been discussed at length forgive me. I have seen these guns available at a ...

Thread: Sig 225/p6 used law enforcement guns?

Sig 225/p6 used law enforcement guns?

I tried to search on this so if it has already been discussed at length forgive me.

I have seen these guns available at a good price and would just like to know if anyone has any experience or input on them.

Are they still in decent shape and would this be a good way for me to try out a sig? Any and all input is appreciated.

Larrupin'

2. Remove Ads

I have a used P-226 that belonged to the Toledo, OH police department. It isn't pretty, but it has run for more than 450 rounds w/o a hitch.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I don't know what you used for search terms, but this has been discussed a few times. If you just type in "Sig 225" in the search box, you get 2 pages of threads where the 225 has been mentioned. Here, I did the search for you and picked out a couple of good ones.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...sig-225-a.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...nally-did.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...g-p225-p6.html

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of telling the same story about the 225/P6.

Administrator
    They are good guns... magazines can be tough to find sometimes though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for the replys

Morintp the links were helpful and please forgive me the ignorance of Sig nomenclature, I searched for "sig 225/p6" altogether thinking that was the model number, and not knowing I needed to separate it out to sig 225, I bow down now, my humble lesson learned. Oh well some of us are burdened with being mere mortals and not Sig Gods!

Larrupin'

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larrupin View Post
    Thanks for the replys

Morintp the links were helpful and please forgive me the ignorance of Sig nomenclature, I searched for "sig 225/p6" altogether thinking that was the model number, and not knowing I needed to separate it out to sig 225, I bow down now, my humble lesson learned. Oh well some of us are burdened with being mere mortals and not Sig Gods!

Larrupin'
    Sorry, bad day. I'm a member of a forum that's even busier than this one, and there as well as here, there are always a ton of repeat threads. Most of them start with "I searched but didn't find anything". It just gets annoying after a while. If you have trouble finding stuff, broaden your search. Say start with Sig, then if there's too many, go to Sig 225, if there are still too many, try Sig 225 P6. You don't have to know about Sigs to do a proper search. This way of searching works with everything.

Sig 225/P6's are a mixed bag. Some people love them and have no problems, others have nothing but problems. It's all about who owned it and how well they cared for it. The one I had wouldn't feed hollowpoints and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It's also impossible to find parts and accessories for this gun.

The reason I got so snippy was because I posted a pretty detailed desription of my problems only a week ago in one of those threads I posted links for, plus in two or three others that have popped up over the past 2 months. I guarantee that in 2-3 weeks there will be another thread about the Sig 225/P6.

VIP Member
    Excellent guns....I purchased one about a year ago for over $300....some places are now selling them for less than $275 (aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!), like Centerfire Systems ($269.99: Sig Sauer 9mm<br>P6/225<br>Part #SIG-225 - SIG-225 ) and AIM Surplus..or soon, again ($259.95: AIM New Pistols! New Pistols! )

With my P6, I first had a Sig-certified armorer install a short trigger. I then sent it to Sig master gunsmith Bruce Gray ( GrayGuns by Bruce Gray: Custom Guns, Gunsmithing, and Training ) and got his Action Cleanup Package with night sights. I also had Brad at CCR Refinishing, Inc. ( CCR-REFINISHING ) apply their CERA-HIDE finish to my gun.

Before photo:

After:

BTW, the best source for magazines (and short triggers) is one of our own members, Top Gun Supply, Inc. ( P225 - SIG SAUER - MAGAZINES - Top Gun Supply ). I've purchased a few from them and gotten them in two days with their "standard" shipping....that folks is excellent customer service.
    Last edited by srfl; February 18th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    I use Top Gun Supply too, I cant say enough good about them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post

With my P6, I first had a Sig-certified armorer install a short trigger. I then sent it to Sig master gunsmith Bruce Gray ( GrayGuns by Bruce Gray: Custom Guns, Gunsmithing, and Training ) and got his Action Cleanup Package with night sights. I also had Brad at CCR Refinishing, Inc. ( CCR-REFINISHING ) apply their CERA-HIDE finish to my gun.

After:

BTW, the best source for magazines (and short triggers) is one of our own members, Top Gun Supply, Inc. ( P225 - SIG SAUER - MAGAZINES - Top Gun Supply ). I've purchased a few from them and gotten them in two days with their "standard" shipping....that folks is excellent customer service.
    Can you tell me if that is House Black or Matte Black CERA_HIDE finish?

Links