Kahr CW9 Questions

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys- While looking to expand my concealed carry options to include a pocket gun I stumbled across the budget "Kahr" CW9 CW40 and now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9 Questions

Kahr CW9 Questions

Hey guys-

While looking to expand my concealed carry options to include a pocket gun I stumbled across the budget "Kahr" CW9 CW40 and now the CW45, the 40 and 9 are the same size I think and the 45 a little bigger.

I was wondering with so many carrying PM9 in their pocket does anyone carryy the slightly larger CW9 or CW40 in a pocket? If so how does it work, what kind of pants do you wear and what holster do you use?

Pics are always a great help.

Thanks
    Josh

2. Remove Ads

I rented a Kahr P-9 this weekend, as it is under consideration as a new aquisition. I think it would work as a pocket pistol. At just under 6 inches long, it is a tad shorter than a J-frame. It is a lot thinner and weighs about as much as an Airweight. If you look at the Kahr website, you will see that the CW-9 is fractionally larger than the P-9. That should not make a difference, I don't think. The easiest thing to do is look at one at a gun shop and see if you think it will work for you.
    Dieu et les Dames

I own a CW9 and it works as a pocket carry gun with carpenters jeans, cargo pants and the like (read: Big Pockets). My every day jeans, casual dress and slacks do not have wide enough pockets - the grip snags on the lip of the pocket every time... I'll see about snapping some shots later but no promises.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

i had a cw40 and am small 5'10" 155lbs. no way i could have pocket carried comfortably

I carry a Kahr P9Covert as my summer gun. Desantis pocket holster, tuckable or IWB all work fine.

I have had a bunch of problems with my cw40. Seems the polymer kahrs are hit and miss on realibility.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I've got a CW9 but don't pocket carry it. Like was said above, I'd say for pocket carry you'd need large pockets like on cargo pants. Really like the gun and the thinness pays off when wearing IWB.

VIP Member
    I have a CW9. I don't pocket carry it, I pocket carry a 642. The jean pockets that fit my 642 are just a tad short for the CW9. But the CW9's one of the best guns I've carried IWB. It's extremely thin, light and really disappears in an MTAC from Comp-Tac. I'm recovering from back surgery (11/27) and it's the only gun I can comfortably carry IWB right now.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I had a CW9. A bit too big for pocket carry, so I traded it in for a PM9.

I have the MK9 all steel, and carry it as my primary CCW. I have carried many other pistols and this one is the most comfortable in a plain old Don Hume IWB holster. When sitting or driving you don't even know that it's there. In about 800rds of range practice it has never failed to function.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

I am close to 1,000 rounds thru my CW9. Never a single problem. Eats anything and everything I put thru it. I use it as my carry gun. My brother liked it so much he bought one too. What else can I say.

i carry a PM9 in my pocket just about every day in khakis with generous pockets (they're made by columbia, NOT tacticool style).

that said, i don't know if i would .pocket carry anything larger than the PM9.

Hey, bluesteel I have the same gun.The mk9 is a great gun,its my 24/7 carry.I have others unless I need more rds thats the one I grab.

the CW9 is a great gun. i've got about 600 rounds through mine with no problems. i wouldn't really consider it a pocket gun though.

Does anyone use UMC ammo on their CW9? I've heard of other guns that don't feed well with it because it's slightly shorter or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links