Crimson Trace laser grips for "J" frame S&W

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace laser grips for "J" frame S&W within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have some input on the new LG-105 grips vs. the LG-405's for a Smith and Wesson 340? I have no place to try ...

Thread: Crimson Trace laser grips for "J" frame S&W

Crimson Trace laser grips for "J" frame S&W

Does anyone have some input on the new LG-105 grips vs. the LG-405's for a Smith and Wesson 340? I have no place to try them both out and am particularly concerned with comfort AND concealability.

The 405's have a cusion built into them and the 105's do not. The 105's seem to have a different grip layout under the trigger guard. The 105's are more concealable (looks like that's their reason for introduction of the 105's). That's important to me. But is the trade off in comfort with hot loads going to be a factor?

Anyone shot both? Pictures???? Any help on this choice would help me.
    MARV

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've got the LG405 on my 642. I like it, but I really can't tell that the grip has a cusion in it. I think the original grip was maybe even a little better on recoil. The 405 ifeels slightly more narrow than the original grip.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the grip and would'nt hesitate on getting it if you want a laser grips.

My wife has the LG-405 on her 642, we both think it softens the recoil some, it can still be felt, just a little less in our opinion. as far as concealability goes, the 405 really didn't seem to add much more size to the grip than the factory grip already had. We've never had the 105 so I can't really say much about them.

I had the 405's and sold them to get the cheaper 105's for a 642. For me the covered backstrap on the 405's (the so-called air pocket to soak up the recoil) made it harder to reach the trigger. No such problem with the 105's. The only issue with the 105's is that they are somewhat slick since they are made of a hard polymer and are not covered with rubber. I remedied this by putting electrical tape on portions of the grip.

Which model comes stock on the new 642CT? They've got the S&W logo, but I don't know the difference.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    I just put LG 305's on my wife's 642. I know that's not exactly what you wanted to know, but I can say that these are very comfortable to use
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I've been thinking about picking up a set of the of the lg405's, but have not pulled the trigger yet. Look forward to some moe opinons on them.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

My 340PD wears the 305s. It's still pocketable, it's how I carry it most of the time. Makes a light gun a lot more forgiving.

I have LaserMax grips on my 642 and like them.The laser is mounted higher than the CT's and is closer to the bore axis.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Which model comes stock on the new 642CT? They've got the S&W logo, but I don't know the difference.
    I am pretty sure those are the 305s (combat size grips) much longer than the 105s & 405s (which are boot grips).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Knox View Post
    Does anyone have some input on the new LG-105 grips vs. the LG-405's for a Smith and Wesson 340?......Anyone shot both?
    The 405s cost more, but you also get a lot more. If you can afford themget the 405s, you will be glad you did. If money is a problem, you can pick up the 105s for about $80 less.
    John -
    "The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Links