Owner loyalty

This is a discussion on Owner loyalty within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by walvord I don't need no stinkin' stickers. But I am pretty fond of these calendars from Dillion Precision. I live about 10 ...

View Poll Results: I convey my enthusiasm for my favorite firearm manufacturer as such:

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • My favorite firearms manufacturer's logo is prominemt in my house

7 3.40%
  • I have numerous stickers/decals of my favorite pistol maker

3 1.46%
  • I love stickers and accessories from my favorite brand and have been looking for keychains!

6 2.91%
  • No need to convey my dedication through outward signs as to my favorites

190 92.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owner loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by walvord View Post
    I don't need no stinkin' stickers. But I am pretty fond of these calendars from Dillion Precision.
    I live about 10 min away from Dillon, such a great shop and yes there calenders are AWESOME, I have the Aero and precision one.

This is a great poll, most of us all have a "favorite" which we carry but most of us can appreciate all types of firearms. For example, I own a Glock 19 and LOVE it. A friend has and H&K, I like it too I just liked the Glock a bit more. But I don't feel any need to advertise what I carry. Buying the weapon and shooting it is enough for me.
    Glock Perfection
    "A right not used is a right lost" -Unknown

2. Remove Ads

no need to advertise, i'm not a billboard sign.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Administrator
    I never understood others need to advertise or be a walking billboard for a company they dont own stock in, no matter if its gun related or not. If Glock or Sig wants to pay me to wear their logo shirts... OK, I'll wear one at a shooting event, but I'm not buying the shirt, and the gun, and the ammo.
    I also dont get the guys that have a Ford/Chevy/Dodge truck that they payed good money for, only to go out and spend more of their money to put more logo's on the truck they payed through the nose for already.
    Or worse yet, the Harley guys... Jeese, I know they are nice bikes, and I'm glad you like your bike, but do you really need everything you have to say HD?
    I know some gun people who are like that too, but like most everybody else no matter their interests or hobby, it just means one thing... POSER.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If the manufacturers wanted to display brand loyalty, they should be GIVING those $20 caps and t-shirts away. I'm not paying them to allow me to advertise their products!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead45 View Post
    I must be disloyal or uncommitted. I must have no brand loyalty, but I like stickers at least on my tool box. I carry whatever I feel like at the time, and I blame it all on my son. He states "women accessorize according to dress, why cant we." I cought the bug. So at any given time you can catch me with a 5 shot Taurus .45 LC revolver or my new 13 shot Springfield XD45c. I read the article on the XD45 - phooey. I also will carry my .45 Commander, SIG P6 "luv it, hate that its a 9mm", and my buddy, my American Derringer in .45LC. So I guess I have no brand loyalty, as long as it will hit hard. Although at one time I claimed I was an HK guy, but I have always been partial to Colts and especially the 1911. So I guess I am just a gun slut with no brand loyalty.
    Yup Gun Slut. Thats me. But I don't advertise.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've never been much for stickers, logo clothing, etc. I like different coffee mugs, though, and wouldn't mind having a few gun logo mugs, just for fun. The only people I know that wear logo clothing are gun store commandos. A black Glock polo and 511 tacticool pants is the gun store uniform.

What I WOULD like to find is a Kool-Aid pitcher with a Glock logo. Now THAT would be cool!
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I have nothing other than my pistols. I don't wear hats t- shirts or other wise advertise for any ones product. However if Gaston would like to give me a new glock once a year, I might just reconsider.
    Jack dog

I don't like stickers or decals on my vehicle. The only time I have a shirt, jacket, calender, etc. that has a company name is if it was free. I don't advertise for anyone, unless paid large sums of money for my Photographs.
    My niece said the other day that she has not seen all my guns or knives and I said "I know". No one really has a need to know what I have or what I like, that is private. Most people here know that I like Leveractions cause I have said so, but come to my house and there is only one post 64 30-30 with broken sights where people may see it. What people don't know is none of their concern.

I'm loyal to quality and performance. A given product might do that over the long haul. Many don't. Either way, color me traditional but I proclaim my backing of a quality product via future purchases and not via stickers and flags. It's concealed carry, after all, and not everyone is so all-fired comfortable with its need and rationale as I am.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So where would one put stickers/decals if not on the vehicle?
    HMmmmm. The safe, the toolbox, the shop walls, the garage, inside the doghouse door, --you know. Gun shops around here always seem to have stacks of Glock or SIG stickers on the counter free for the taking, and sometimes the Bushmaster ones. Hats and shirts? Had one H&K (no compromise) t-shirt that got plum wore out, and one Bushmaster hat that just don't get worn in public as to it being washed a number of times and falling apart. I don't go public with any of it, and next time I'll be more specific with the poll question(s) no doubt.

I really don't have a favorite brand, I own different makes and models for differant purposes. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Just have to pick the right tool for the job at hand. And you can't have too many tools!

That said I do have a soft spot for Ruger revolvers, maybe because my first handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk. I've owned several differant Rugers since then, and they have all been great shooters.

Ron

I go about my business quietly and do my best to not draw attention to myself. Translated: No stickers,coffee mugs,hats,T shirts,suitcases,etc that might be offensive to someone/anyone.

Teddy Rooseveldt said it best,"walk softly and carry a BIG stick". In my case the stick is a .45.

I do have a Sig hat, though I don't have a Sig. Call it forward thinking. I will have one eventually I think. Wifey actually picked it up for me. I dont wear it though, but then, I don't wear any of the hats in my large collection of hats. Other then that, I have no stickers, 1 mossberg catalog, no shirts. If they are given to me, then sure, ill take stuff, but im not advertising. Not that I dont mind wearing a brand logo, im just not advertising "hey! I have weapons!"

Anyway, as far as brand loyalty? nah, not really.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    In general I stay incognito, but when going to the gun club, range, etc. I will wear logo clothing.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Never realized it until now, but I don't have a single sticker or piece of logo clothing. Not so much as a hat......

......I guess that's a "no", huh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links