Kahr MK40 or PM40

This is a discussion on Kahr MK40 or PM40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested to know if any of you have both or either of these guns and how they compare. It's my understanding that they ...

Thread: Kahr MK40 or PM40

Kahr MK40 or PM40

I am interested to know if any of you have both or either of these guns and how they compare. It's my understanding that they are the same size but the MK weighs a bit more due to its stainless frame and the PM less due to the polymer.

Anyone have the MK. Is it to heavy to carry? I have a PM9 and love the size but would like to get something diff and the stainless is a nice touch but would it be too heavy to carry?? Kahr site syas it 23.1 ounces and 1.9 ounces for the mag.

2. Remove Ads

it depends on your mode of carry. The mk40 will be very heavy in a pocket but will be much more pleasant to shoot.

Personally I would choose either the pm9 if I wanted polymer.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

I LIKE Kahr pistols, but like the above post suggests, anything bigger than a 9mm means steel-framed Kahr IMHO. You'll need to PRACTICE with your CCW. A box of hot .40 S&W out of a small (tiny?), poly-framed pistol can ruin your handshake for a day or two.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Belt carry for steel Kahr

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    Anyone have the MK. Is it to heavy to carry? I have a PM9 and love the size but would like to get something diff and the stainless is a nice touch but would it be too heavy to carry?? Kahr site syas it 23.1 ounces and 1.9 ounces for the mag.
    I have the MK9, which is the same size as the MK40. It is really too heavy for pocket carry, but is ideal for IWB belt carry because it is so thin, only about 0.90 inches in the slide and not much more in the grips. A 25 ounce gun is not a problem on a good belt. And the gun is so small in physical dimensions that it is a cinch to conceal IWB, either tucked or not.

I use an appendix carry holster for it from Comp-Tac called the 2 O'Clock. It is probably my most concealable belt carry setup of any gun and holster I have.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I carry an MK40 daily. It is definetly too big and heavy for pocket carry. I carry it iwb and it disappears in just about anything I wear. I really don't remember how many rounds I put through it, but it has never had a hiccup. Kahrs are excellent guns. I prefer the stainless over the plastic when it comes to a 40. I feel the weight of the 40 helps control recoil. The only modification I did to it was replace the plastic guide rod with a stainless one.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Links