Range Report #2

This is a discussion on Range Report #2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, went back to the range today to fine tune my decision. Fired the XD, M&P, and the Glock-19. Again the Glock-19 is just not ...

Thread: Range Report #2

Range Report #2

Well, went back to the range today to fine tune my decision. Fired the XD, M&P, and the Glock-19. Again the Glock-19 is just not doing it for me, feels all wrong in my hand. The 17 and 34 felt good, but I'm not looking for that right now. The XD and the M&P both shot well (as did the Glock), but the XD isn't smooth to operate. I have to stretch my thumb around kinda goofy to release the magazine, whereas with the M&P I do not. M&P just felt better in generel and I am 99% certain it will be the gun I decide on. I'm gonna go back one more time and shoot before I buy, just to be certain. Thanks to everyone here who has given information and advice, it has been very helpful. Hopefully next week I will be posting pics of my new pistol. Thanks, bm

2. Remove Ads

A lot of people complain about the XD mag release. They break in over time, but i think they are stiff compared to many others. I put a aftermarket extended releas on my XD and it solved the problem for me. Anyways I here good thinks about the M&P but have never shot one myself. Whatever you pick Im sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Good Luck

Administrator
    I guess choosing the second best isnt the worst choice...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto, I wonder what you shoot?! I wanted to like the Glock due to their solid reputation, but the G-19 just did not fit me. The larger models were okay, but that's not what I want right now (gotta have something to look forward to when I buy my next pistol, right!?)

i've read about people having issues with the mag release on the XD, however i think it works fine for me on both my 9 and 45.

Links