cc a G17

This is a discussion on cc a G17 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking about buying either a G17 (full size) or G19 (compact) for concealed carry. I would prefer the full size but how much difference ...

Thread: cc a G17

cc a G17

I'm thinking about buying either a G17 (full size) or G19 (compact) for concealed carry. I would prefer the full size but how much difference is there really in the ease of concealed carry for these two weapons.

2. Remove Ads

I love my G19 and I find it much easier to conceal than my G22 (about the same size as the G17). With the 15 round magazine, you really do not lose a lot on capacity. I think the G19 is really easy to conceal in any weather. You can't go wrong with either, but I would say there is a difference in the way to conceal the weapons.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I carry a G 17 and have no issues .Buy a good holster that works for you and
    you'll forget your packing.

A good holster, belt and a Glock 17 and you're in fantastic shape. Lots like the 19, with which I have no experience.

The belt and holster is truly the key to any CC gun.

I have a 19 and believe they are very concealable, and I know people that carry full size weapons, but my next new carry option will most likely be a little smaller. Glock's subcompact 26 is the top of my wish list.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

My G17, and G22 see carry OWB under a jacket or such. My G27 is year 'round IWB under a t-shirt. Picking up the G19 tomorrow, and we'll just have to see about that. It's going to fit the same 'Scorpion' holster my G27 gets carried in, or the 'Upper limit express' belt holster for the same. The G17 or G22 are a bit long for IWB carry for me. If I had to, they might go SOB for me IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    A good holster, belt and a Glock 17 and you're in fantastic shape. Lots like the 19, with which I have no experience.

The belt and holster is truly the key to any CC gun.
    +1, guys name Richard are smart people. Get a good carry belt and a UNS holster from Ken L. Null K.L. Null Holsters Home Page. Regards, Richard

I have both a 17 and a 19. The 19 is a little more concealable due to the shorter grip but I usually don't have any problems with the 17. As has been stated, a good quality holster and belt will be the biggest factor.

Either one will serve you well...two best pistols on the market AFAIC.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Thanks all.

I now have eight handguns but have never owned a Glock. I have, however come to the conclusion that reliability of a carry weapon trumps everything else. After much reading I don't think there is anything that can equal a Glock when it comes to reliability. Throw in the huge aftermarket and I think you have a winner. I guess you could say I drank the koolaide.

I looked long and hard at the M&P and the Ruger SR9 and really wanted to like them but there are just too many quality issues for me. The Glocks have been proving themselves for a long time. Now all I have to do is decide between a 17 and a 19. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Thanks all.

I now have eight handguns but have never owned a Glock. I have, however come to the conclusion that reliability of a carry weapon trumps everything else. After much reading I don't think there is anything that can equal a Glock when it comes to reliability. Throw in the huge aftermarket and I think you have a winner. I guess you could say I drank the koolaide.
    The koolaid tastes great
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Links