Questions about the new Sig P250.

This is a discussion on Questions about the new Sig P250. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dear Folks: I am a bit confused regarding the "compact" status of the new Sig P250. Can this gun be made into a "compact" version? ...

Thread: Questions about the new Sig P250.

Questions about the new Sig P250.

Dear Folks:

I am a bit confused regarding the "compact" status of the new Sig P250. Can this gun be made into a "compact" version? If so, what are the demensions when compact? (Size, weighth, capacity, etc).

How does this gun compare to the Sig 239 re size and weight and also quality? I'm looking to but a new off-duty gun and have been considering the Smith compact M&P, the Sig 239 and am curious about the P250.

Thanks to all who respond.

Acroreef.

2. Remove Ads

Sig website lists the specs for the 250 & 239 as follows:

P250 Length = 7.2"; Height = 5.12"; Width = 1.3"; Weight w/ mag = 24.6 oz.

P239 Length = 6.6"; Height = 5.1"; Width = 1.2"; Weight w/ mag = 27.5"

I bought a P250c two-tone a few weeks ago. It is my only Sig (at the moment). I absolutely love the P250! It is DAO & yes the trigger pull & reset is long. Trigger pull is very, very smooth however.

There has been a fair amount of "bad press" on various forums (not this one) regarding the P250. Most from folks who have not even touched one. What is that saying about opinions? Mine has been nothing but sweet. I've put 1000+ flawless rounds through it thus far. It is a dream to shoot, very comfortable in hand and a natural pointer.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    There has been a fair amount of "bad press" on various forums (not this one) regarding the P250. Most from folks who have not even touched one. What is that saying about opinions? Mine has been nothing but sweet. I've put 1000+ flawless rounds through it thus far. It is a dream to shoot, very comfortable in hand and a natural pointer.
    Most of the feedback over on the SIGForum by folks who have actually fired the 250 has been positive, as opposed to pre-release stuff about the trigger. I think there is currently only one version out right now, with some of the others appearing later this year. There is a wealth of information over on SIGForum.com.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Most of the feedback over on the SIGForum by folks who have actually fired the 250 has been positive, as opposed to pre-release stuff about the trigger. I think there is currently only one version out right now, with some of the others appearing later this year. There is a wealth of information over on SIGForum.com.
    Agreed. My "bad press" comment was directed at the numerous pre-release posts. Sorry if I added confusion to the discussion.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

which one

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    Dear Folks:

I am a bit confused regarding the "compact" status of the new Sig P250. Can this gun be made into a "compact" version? If so, what are the demensions when compact? (Size, weighth, capacity, etc).

How does this gun compare to the Sig 239 re size and weight and also quality? I'm looking to but a new off-duty gun and have been considering the Smith compact M&P, the Sig 239 and am curious about the P250.

Thanks to all who respond.

Acroreef.
    hi, ilike the sig 239 as a carry gun don't have one but read alot of good reports of them.
    1911 owner & operator
    sell no gun until it's time

Can anyone tell me if the mags for the P250 are the same as any other gun? P226, P228, P229, P239?

Thanks,

CPTD

Quote Originally Posted by cptd View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the mags for the P250 are the same as any other gun? P226, P228, P229, P239?

Thanks,

CPTD
    Sadly, they are not.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    Dear Folks:

The current model of the P250 is the Compact. There will eventually be three versions: Subcompact, Compact and Full Size. According to data from the SHOT Show, here is the capacity info for the different sizes/calibers:

9mm: SC = 12 rounds; C = 16 rounds; FS = 20 rounds
    .40 Auto & .357 Sig: SC = 9 rounds; C = 13 rounds; FS = 17 rounds .45 Auto: SC = 6 rounds; C = 8 rounds; FS = 10 rounds

FS: 4.7-inch barrel; 8.1-inch overall length; 6.1-inch overall height
    C: 3.9-inch barrel; 7.2-inch overall length; 5.1-inch overall height
    SC: 3.1-inch barrel; 6.4-inch overall length; 4.4-inch overall height

P250 6.4L 4.4T 1.3W
    P239 6.6L 5.2T 1.2W
    M&P 6.7L 4.3T 1.2W

I don't currently know if you'll be able to swap the slide & barrel from a Compact onto a Subcompact. The Firing mechanism, yes, but the slide length difference might cause problems, or leave a portion of the guide rod and spring uncovered at the front of the gun. Sig is supposed to be releasing "conversion kits" that will provide a slide, barrel, guide rod & spring, and grip. I think the estimated price tag for these is around $400. I don't know if they'll include a magazine as well, nor do I know if longer magazines will work in shorter grips, but I suspect they will. The advantages to the conversion kit over a new gun is that it's the same trigger, all broken in; and if you live in a state where you need to register each gun you own, it still counts as only one gun, since it's the firing mechanism that is serialized.

I picked up an M&P .40C last summer. While my M&P has been perfectly reliable, am extremely interested in looking at the P250 SC when it comes out. The M&P Compact has one more round of capacity compared to the P250 SC, but I like the idea of a longer trigger pull for safety, an external hammer, and doublestrike capability. Plus I just have a soft spot for Sigs... I skipped over the P239 due to the increased height, weight and decreased capacity, despite that soft spot.

Hope that helps.

-Alec

I'm thinking very strongly on the P250 when they come out with the .40 caliber version. I just wish they would make a DA/SA trigger for it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Links