New S&W 1911 for carry - PICS!!

This is a discussion on New S&W 1911 for carry - PICS!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'm finally a proud 1911 owner! I've wanted a 1911 for a year now, after renting and shooting one at the range once. It's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New S&W 1911 for carry - PICS!!

New S&W 1911 for carry - PICS!!

Well, I'm finally a proud 1911 owner! I've wanted a 1911 for a year now, after renting and shooting one at the range once. It's true what they say, don't shoot one unless you plan on buying one. I got the bug big time after I shot a 1911 (Kimber).

I've done loads of reading and research the past year, and after much contemplating I decided on a Smith & Wesson based on feedback I've read on them. They seem to be pretty good guns for the money, and really hard to pass up the $100 rebate from S&W!!

I picked it up yesterday and let me tell you she is a true beauty. I included some pics, as I know everybody likes looking through 'em on the forum. Ended up with the 108285.

I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to conceal a government model, but once I had it rigged up in my Crossbreed Supertuck and Wilderness Instructor belt I found it was no problem at all. Needless to say I'm a little excited right now!!!

Anyway, let me see if I can get these to show up for ya...

2. Remove Ads

That is a beautiful 1911, I especially like not having the forward cocking serations on the slide.

Well, don't know if I should congratulate you on joining the club or give you my condolences for joining us here in the dark side!!! You'll never be happy with just one now........ poor guy. Soon your eyes will be wandering uncontrollably to Commanders, Les Baers, Wilsons, TRPs. You find yourself uncontrollably drawn to the gun store case with all the 1911's and then considering just how far the ol' credit card can go this time.

Oh the horrors of 1911 addiction! But, WTH, everyone needs a hobby! I sure like my little collection!

So I guess congrats! Good gun and should carry, shoot and serve you well.

Now don't even THINK of getting into grips, sights, dozens of mags, just one more holster.........aauuuuggghhhhh! Where's my credit card honey I need a fix!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome to the 1911 world! Everyone's right - it IS an addiction! Enjoy - she's pretty!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Sweet gun. Run about 250 rounds of ball then test your hollowpoints and you should be ready to carry it. Again, very nice gun. 1911's are a passion of mine.

Senior Moderator
    Nice pistol
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Smith10 View Post
    I especially like not having the forward cocking serations on the slide.
    Yeah, that was one thing I was looking for in my shopping. I prefer the look of rear-only serations. Kind of gives it more of an old-school look.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Now don't even THINK of getting into grips
    Tell me about it. I've been looking at different grips just for kicks and grins. I think these would be a good look against the blued finish:

Gallery Gun

But for now, all available funds will go towards .45 ACP!

Administrator
    Congrats. The S&W "Colts" turned out to be excellent guns.

Keep the magazine with the slam pad as your spare mag and buy a good, high quality magazine without a pad for your "in gun" carry and you'll shave a bit more length off the pistol butt for carry.

I'd invest in a set of genuine ivory 1911 grips. Get them while you still can.
    Once the supply of domestic elephant ivory (that is already in the U.S.) "drys up" there won't be any more Ivory grips.
    And when they get a nice antique patina on them...and 20 years down the road ~ you'll be able to sell them for at least twice what you paid for them.
    Search Ebay for ivory Grips and bid on a set from LOOBY (who is in reality Nutmeg Sports)
    - He made the ivory Grips for Colt Firearms for years. He sure does make some fine grips.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Schweeeet! Congratulations!

1943 - 2009
    Fine choice, Herzog!

I'm a wood stocks kinda guy. Take a look at these:

handgun gun grips wood rosewood cocobolo pistol walnut

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sweet gun. My next will be a 1911. I'm just not sure which one. Congrats.

Congratulations on a fantastic gun, now go put some rounds through it! I started lusting for one last summer when I saw a barely used one in my dealer's case for $570 (that was a steal but I couldn't pass up a NIB 96 Inox I had gone there for) and thought how amazing the finish was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    Sweet gun. Run about 250 rounds of ball then test your hollowpoints and you should be ready to carry it. Again, very nice gun. 1911's are a passion of mine.
    The first 100 rounds I put through mine were JHP, it ate them all! I really like mine, I'm getting some reloading equipment this weekend along with an M&P45. The SW1911 needs another polymer brother. ;)
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Hey, QK, you just had to post a picture of ivory didn't you! Man I wish I had room in the budget to pick up a few pounds right now. Makes me cry when I see the stockpiles of captured poacher ivory in Africa that they can't sell to fund conservation because of the bunny huggers.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Congrats! I really like my SW1911 too!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links