Ordered my USP45 today!!!!

This is a discussion on Ordered my USP45 today!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got done ordering my USP45! I also have enough money to get all the accessories I want for it, Blade-Tech holster, targets and ...

Thread: Ordered my USP45 today!!!!

Ordered my USP45 today!!!!

I just got done ordering my USP45! I also have enough money to get all the accessories I want for it, Blade-Tech holster, targets and stand, range bag, etc!! I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Oh boy! That makes me want to go shootin'! You bought yourself a great gun! I been thinkin' about selling a couple of Glock 22s and buying a USP45. You're gonna like it! Be patient with the DA trigger; I love the SA trig. Or did you get the LEM? I like it too.

(For my Glock friends, if I sell the two G22s, I'll still have four Glocks and my G17, G19, and G26 ain't goin' nowhere, well except to the range with me! But I may sell the G32. and I'm doin' my best to by a Gen 2 G19.)

It's double action? I don't know much about USP's but I needed a change from my 1911's. all I know is it's a USP45 version 1
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Lead Moderator
    DA first shot unless ya carry it Cocked and locked. Either way, yer getting a great handgun. (It may take a bit of breakin, but not much. My .40 took about 100 rnds. to clear up stovepiping occasionally.

I ordered 1000 rounds from ammoman.com
    this weekend shall be fun

took me round 100 to for it to break in i usually carry mine when i carry it cocked and locked

been carrying my USP daily for over 4 years, ultra corrosion resistant, reliable, good shooter, accurate, SA DA, will feed any ammo you can find, great gun 12+1. You will love it and never want to go back.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds good Justin - that is one of the few remaining guns I'd quite like, tho probably have to be content with my SIG - which ain't too hard.

Look fwd to picks and comments after shooting. 1,000 rounds eh - haha - some grinning ahead I'll bet.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up

You'll love shootin that Iron! I have the Compact in 40 cal. Variant 1 system. shhots very well. I'm sure yours will become a part of you. We're all lookin for a range report on that USP, now that you've told ua you have one

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Ahhh...another USP owner...

I love mine, and I don't think I'd ever get rid of it :)
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

break in ?whats that? :chairshot I have the same USP 45 and I really like it.its more accurate than I am.never had a problem with it, eats all ammo.I have heard of people saying it has a "gritty trigger"can't say I have that with mine.now all you need is a bag full of 12 rounders!have fun!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by USP45
    now all you need is a bag full of 12 rounders!have fun!
    It comes with 2 and I ordered 3 extra 12 rounders. Can't let those mag pouches in the 5.11 range bag stay empty ;)

Administrator

Great Justin!

You're in for a treat.
    You'll love your new handgun.
    Let us know the very day you get it.
    I'm sure you will. :unitedsta
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by USP45
    I have heard of people saying it has a "gritty trigger"can't say I have that with mine.
    The DA trigger on mine is far grittier than any of my Sigs or DA S&W revolvers - the position between the half-cock shelf and where it starts to fall the last step is quite pronounced and noticeable in a target-type environment.

Now, like tonight where I was practicing with draw and fire exercises (which I purposefully use different firearms and calibers to make sure I'm focusing on point shooting instinctively versus a particular learned laziness with my Sigs), I don't notice it much. It's part of the draw and fire and I don't bat an eye.

If I'm bullseye shooting or plinking at 50m milk jugs, I *do* notice it on DA.

That said, I vastly prefer it to the smaller USP 9s and .40s - there's something HK got right on the frame on the full-size 45s for my hand.

It won't be anything more than a range toy for me, but you never know when you might want a full-sized hi-cap .45 and I figured it was the best of the bunch since Sig won't make a 220 hi-cap.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Links