Well, she's home now--NIB G19 (finally)

This is a discussion on Well, she's home now--NIB G19 (finally) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, went to pick up my new G19 I ordered this past Monday locally. I had thought for the past several months that I'd find ...

Thread: Well, she's home now--NIB G19 (finally)

Well, she's home now--NIB G19 (finally)

Well, went to pick up my new G19 I ordered this past Monday locally. I had thought for the past several months that I'd find one used in VG condition for no more than around $400, but the G19's seem to go fast or are in short supply used. (Maybe cause everyone who has one won't let them go?) Anyway--done with my research as I found a local dealer who could get the medium Glock of my want for $469 + tax of course. All of my Glocks have been purchased new and this was the best deal I could find. My G27 is in the upper right corner and the Scorpion holster that get EDC. The G19 fits nicely in this holster also. For now, I plan on keeping this with stock sights but have a steel captive guide rod ordered. I picked up three used hi-cap mags and a Pearce 'plug' for it Wednesday of this week before I even held her! Me likes! All I have to do now is wear off the shiny-ness.

2. Remove Ads

They are very sweet guns... I love mine.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Nice addition, have fun!

I am really pondering trading in my para warthawg for one of these guys. Good luck with it!

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    My 19 and 26 both get carried in a Scorpion as well. Great combo. Congrats on the new 19!
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Ram Rod, congratulations on your new addition. They are fun to shoot. Enjoy it.

VIP Member
    Definitely a great weapon! Congrats!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congrats...if it's got plastic sights, change them.

I don't personally see the need for an after-market guide-rod as my factory rod went almost 10,000 rounds w/o a problem (only changed it because I figured it couldn't hurt to have a new one).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Very nice! Congrats!

I'm still trying to decide if I want the 19 or 26 myself.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Very nice Glock, congrats!

Did you consider the 19C? I'm thinking about adding a 19(C?) and a 29 to the herd when the tax dough hits the bank. Does anyone know if the factory Glock night sights are Mepros? I was wondering if I should get the base sights and add Mepros or just get the night sights factory from Glock?

Thanks all for the positive comments. I really feel this fills a certain void in the arsenal, and look forward to putting a couple hundred through her this coming week. This is going to be a strictly carry pistol depending on my favoritism or conditions along with the G27 for anytime (summer). That's why I'll be keeping the factory plastic sights for now. The full size are not really concealable for me in any summertime fashion, but usually go with me when the P220 doesn't in the colder (jacket/coat) months. G17, G19, G22, G27. G22 will always be the 'house' pistol. I have the full steel recoil rods in all of my Glocks, and this one will get the same treatment. I changed my G17's after almost a year of owning that, and found benefits over the stock recoil system. The others soon followed to include my former G21 and G30. IMO--the full steel rods are not just aftermarket hype for me--they actually make positive enhancements (for me). Glock on!

Congrats on the new 'dependablilty'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Thanks all for the positive comments. I really feel this fills a certain void in the arsenal, and look forward to putting a couple hundred through her this coming week. This is going to be a strictly carry pistol depending on my favoritism or conditions along with the G27 for anytime (summer). That's why I'll be keeping the factory plastic sights for now. The full size are not really concealable for me in any summertime fashion, but usually go with me when the P220 doesn't in the colder (jacket/coat) months. G17, G19, G22, G27. G22 will always be the 'house' pistol. I have the full steel recoil rods in all of my Glocks, and this one will get the same treatment. I changed my G17's after almost a year of owning that, and found benefits over the stock recoil system. The others soon followed to include my former G21 and G30. IMO--the full steel rods are not just aftermarket hype for me--they actually make positive enhancements (for me). Glock on!
    What do the steel rsg rods do for you? Just curious.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Links