The XD Check in Thread

This is a discussion on The XD Check in Thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Greymoor I have been concidering putting a light on it. I usually like my lights and weapons to be seperate but peoples ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The XD Check in Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greymoor
    I have been concidering putting a light on it. I usually like my lights and weapons to be seperate but peoples input on this subject has led me to giving it a try.
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-xml.shtml

That's what I am using, got it locally for $89. I like it so far.

2. Remove Ads

When i use my xd sc as a night stand gun i stick the little light on it to works pretty good nice and bright short battery life though

I have the XD40 SC. I love it. It is soo easy to carry and shoots well.

XD-9 Service Black. I have about 800 rounds through it so far, they consist of WWB 115gr FMJ, UMC 115gr(?) FMJ, Speer Gold Dot +P 124gr JHP, and ElDorado Starfire 124gr JHP. The only FTE was a friend shooting it that's not used to autoloaders, and I think he limp-wristed it. I love the gun, aside from everything else already said here, it seemed very acurate right off the bat, and I use it for my HD/range gun. May be a little big for CC, but who knows, I'll only find out once it gets passed here Oh yea, I shot my friends XD-40 Service and I almost thought it was easier to control than my XD-9, a lot less muzzle flip, or maybe that was just me?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

I've alsot got a black XD9 Service model. It was a heck of a deal considering it was NIB and had Factory Installed Trijicon Night Sights. This is my first 9mm and I have absolutely no complaints. Never had a failure of any kind and am approaching 1500 rounds.

MeanStreaker - sounds like a good deal. Do you have any pics of the XD with the night sights?

Hooligan, I'll take some pics tonight so long as my camera batteries are charged up. You can really only tell much of a difference in the dark...Hmmm, I wonder if I can capture that?

XD40 bi-tone Service model here. I love the gun. It points very naturally, recoil is very manageable--just a lot of fun to shoot. Since it's fun to shoot, I've run a bunch of rounds through it, from Hydrashock 135 gr. rockets to the standard range food of 180 gr WWB without any feed or fail to fire issues.

I only experienced the rust issue on the "stainless" slide when I first brought it home. The rust inhibitor that dries on the slide does the trick without leaving the slick coating from a little oil, although that works well also.

The other issue is the grip safety. This seems to (to me anyway) solve the need for the infamous Saf-T-Block on the GLOCK that some feel is wise in another popular thread.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links