The XD Check in Thread

The XD Check in Thread

This is a discussion on The XD Check in Thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All right you know what. We've got threads for Glocks. We've got threads for snubnose revolvers. We've got enough 1911A1 threads to choke a horse. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The XD Check in Thread

The XD Check in Thread

All right you know what. We've got threads for Glocks. We've got threads for snubnose revolvers. We've got enough 1911A1 threads to choke a horse.

But there's one gun that "out Glocks the Glock" (I don't know what that means either), one gun that does things my precious revolvers can't, one gun that takes a cue from Old Slabsides, borrowing its grip safety and grip angle, and discards the parts I don't like.

Sure it's got a dumb name, it's made in Croatia, and it's nothing a gun nerd like me will cherish or find particularly compelling, the calibers it comes in are all kind of boring, but it's just so darn practical. The safety system is just ingenious. It points naturally. It just works and works well.

But hey you know what, I've got a dumb name, that "other" pistol is made in Austria which can't be much better, and I like being able to buy ammunition at a gas station. Also, brand new magazines are $20 or $25 not $30 or $40. The aftermarket support is amazing, and the gun carries well.

So here's to the XD40, service size with a stainless slide, loaded with 12+1 rounds of 165 grain Golden Sabers. I have found it, and I am content.

XD shooters sound off.

i have a Xd 9mm Subcompact that came with the little light.

Nice thing about it is i can use 40cal mags for a subcompact and squeeze in 13 rounds i think it is

Assistant Administrator
    I actually have both a 9 and .40 on my wish list - primarily the 9mm.

I doubt tho it'll happen because of my liking for Mr SIG but - if lot of spare money came along, I'd get that (after my Smith 460!).

Heck I have way too many toys already!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    i have a Xd 9mm Subcompact that came with the little light.

Nice thing about it is i can use 40cal mags for a subcompact and squeeze in 13 rounds i think it is

Are the feed lips close enough for 9mm to work that well?

Shot my Girlfriends compact XD in .40. Nice shooting, pointing gun. The controls, especially the slide release is well thought out........For a right hand shooter.

Yep didnt even have to tweak them on it got over 900 rounds though those 2 mags .. Lost of people say you can get away on the fullsize same way

Reportedly all the full size XD magazines are actually the same save for two differences between versions: where the holes are drilled to show you how full it is, and I've heard that depending on your gun and your particular magazine sometimes you have to bend the feed lips a little and sometimes you don't.

It is nice to know that if I was possessed to by the devil I could pick up another barrel and shoot 9mm or .357 SIG.

Thumbs up

Nuthin wrong with that XD by Springfield Armory. WE sell a TON of em where I work. I had one on Hold for a bit, but ended up with my Colt Comander at that time. I 've found a XD in 9MM which is really nice. REALLY gives the Glock, a run for the $$$.

New Owner of XD40 SC

Picked up an XD40 Sub Compact (.40S&W) last weekend. Taking it out this weekend to break it in. Had previously shot a S&W 9mm. Any advice on what to start shooting with, best for me and the gun? I have read elsewhere that it takes about 200 rnds to get the gun 'broken in'. I love the size for carrying. Living in Florida I wear shorts year round except at work, the XD will slip right in my pocket (large shorts) so i have ordered a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, more when I receive it.

XD9
    XD9 SC here. What more can I say? It's a great gun. Fun to shoot, accurate, very easy to conceal. I love it.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Senior Moderator
    Euc,

You're makin' me admit to more than I ought to, but, I have one of the original HS2000, an XD 9mm, a two tone XD 9mm with a trigger job by Springfield, and a Tactical.

I guess that pretty much says I think there're great.

And I too have the .40 cal, 9mm hi cap, if you know what I mean and never had a problem with it.

Yep, it's a very comfy gun to hold. Accurate, simple, and has the additional grip safety.

And after every bit of metal on the gun starts to rust the first month you own it, you can ship it back to Springfield for a re-finish!
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

XD-40 Service and Sub Compact here. I even have the 357 Sig conversion barrel for the service, Sub Compact has the Canyon Creek trigger job (very nice). So far they have both been very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaltered
    Yep, it's a very comfy gun to hold. Accurate, simple, and has the additional grip safety.

And after every bit of metal on the gun starts to rust the first month you own it, you can ship it back to Springfield for a re-finish!

lol yep.

I'm so glad now I got the stainless. The only blued parts are the controls and the finish on them is halfway worn off. But I knew this would not be a "looker".

The gun's ugly as sin anyway.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    lol yep.

I'm so glad now I got the stainless. The only blued parts are the controls and the finish on them is halfway worn off. But I knew this would not be a "looker".

The gun's ugly as sin anyway.
    Euc,
    I hate to say this, but if you're talking about the two tone, it's not stainless. I bought my two tone thinking it had a stainless slide, but it isn't stainless; it's just a bright, metallic finish.

XD 9 Sub-compact for sale

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I actually have both a 9 and .40 on my wish list - primarily the 9mm.
    I have a XD 9 mm sub-compact for sale with fiber-optic/night sights, 2 mags - a 10 round and a 15 round, and the case. Price is $450. I've only had it for a few months but decided to go with my Taurus PT145.

Can I tempt you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links