CZ-75 9mm and .40 s&w

CZ-75 9mm and .40 s&w

This is a discussion on CZ-75 9mm and .40 s&w within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings, I've got some questions about the cz-75, and was hoping someone here could help. I'm thinking about picking up a cz-75 for my next ...

Thread: CZ-75 9mm and .40 s&w

CZ-75 9mm and .40 s&w

Greetings,

I've got some questions about the cz-75, and was hoping someone here could help.
    I'm thinking about picking up a cz-75 for my next purchase. I currently have a cz-82, and really like the weapon. Are there any issues with the cz-75 in .40 s&w? I've heard the cz-75 in 9mm is very reliable. Is there any difference in reliability in .40 s&w? Is there any size/weight difference between the 9mm and .40 s&w cz-75?
    I'm probably leaning towards the 9mm, but just wanted to weigh my options.
    Also, this is a off topic, but has anyone experimented in the past with heavier loads in the 9mm? It seems 147 grain is the heaviest I've seen or heard about. Does the heavier weight bullets above 147 grain not function as well? Thanks for your time and take care!

Sincerely,
    Pete

I can vouch for he CZ PCR Compact 9mm, which I have, carry and enjoy. I think the entire CZ group should be reliable!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    CZ75B full size in both 9mm and .40 cal both very accurate and reliable. In the compact models both are very accurate, the compact 40 did have a problem with FTF/FTE, but with the new magazines that seems to have been solved. Compacts come in 2 weights, the full stell frame being heavier than the alloy frame. Their 2 newest guns are the P-01 and P-06. Both guns are alloy frames, both have accessory rails on them. P-01 is 9mm, P-06 is .40 cal. Both are completely reliable. Have put about 400 rounds through my P-01 and almost 700 through my P-06, both have functioned flawlessly. If you want a sub-compact they have the RAMI in both steel and poly frames. The 9mm appears to be the more reliable of the 2. I have the .40 cal and have not had any troubles with it, but it appears it is very sensitive to limp wristing and will give you FTF/FTE problems if limp wristed, there are suppose to be new magazines coming out for the .40 that is suppose to eliminate the problem. As I said, I have had no problems with my RAMI 40, but then again I never had a problem with the KelTek P40, which was supposibly a nightmare for FTF/FTE problems.

I have the CZ75b in 9mm. It has fed & shot everything incl 147gr JHPs. I was leaning towards 40 cal origninally but my friend talked me out of it with these reasons.
    1) You're not giving up much in specs from the 9 to the 40
    2) Shot placement plays the biggest role in incapacitation rather than caliber
    3) You can carry a couple more rounds in 9 to get that properly placed shot with
    and 4) 9mm is generally cheaper to shoot and therefore practice with, further enhacing your ability to get shot placement.

imho, ymmv

CZ or Witness. Good weps. Great price.

It's new, but the Ruger SR9 might be worth a look, too...

Be safe,
    Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Archer51 has it right. See which fits your hand better and which you shoot better. Shot placement is #1. My RAMI in .40 is my favorite CZ just because of the easy of concelment and reliability.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Greetings,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad the cz-75 in .40 s&w has the same track record in reliability as does the 9mm. I'm saving my pennies right now, so I have plenty of time to rent both and decide. Take care!

Sincerely,
    Pete

SR9

Greetings,

I looked at the SR9 on the ruger website. It's a sleek looking weapon. One question, what is a semi-double action? Would that be something like para-ordnance's LDA? I'm not too familiar with automatics, the cz-82 was my first.

Sincerely,
    Pete

My hunting partner has a compact CZ-75 in 9mm and is quite pleased with it. I have a CZ-82 in 9x18 (Makarov) that has proven reliable.

Sponsored Links