Glock 'C' models?

This is a discussion on Glock 'C' models? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for opinions on the Glock Compensated models, specifically the 20C. I've been searching for a 10mm lately and am considering the G20, G20C ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 'C' models?

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

Glock 'C' models?

I'm looking for opinions on the Glock Compensated models, specifically the 20C. I've been searching for a 10mm lately and am considering the G20, G20C and G29. Eventually, I'll probably plunk down the dough for a 1911 DW CBOB but for now I'm interested in getting a Glock. I've been reading over at Glock Talk and there seems to be mixed views on if the C models are they worth it. The C models look great but I'm not buying this gun for aesthetics. I'm looking for a good, durable, reliable, workhorse (thus the Glock). I like the size of the 29 better for possible carry but I've got a PM9 (and a Seecamp .380 on the way) for whenever I need something smaller to carry. I can still carry the 20 and having the extra capacity and C features might be better overall than the slightly smaller 29.

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Ads

I personally don't see the need for the ported versions. IMO, if there's a call for an upgraded G20, it is for a G20 SF.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

kpw
    I'd skip the C models. The negatives outway the positives by a fair margin. The G20 and G29 are fairly easy to shoot as they are. The C models will increase flash, noise and slightly decrease velocity. They also seem to be harder to sell if you wish to later. All that for a slight reduction in muzzle flip in some calibers.

Thanks for the replies,

So the only main advantage is reduced muzzle flip for follow-up shots? Is a 20SF even available?

Thanks again.

Indeed---I'm with the two above posters on this. IMO---full steel guide rod and maybe a recoil buffer if you feel the need to mitigate some of the 10mm recoil. I had the full size G21, and IMO--the G21 and G20 are large enough pistols not to have much problem with recoil anyway. I've posted before when someone has asked about the compensated models, and IMO---they are mainly used for competitions where shooters try to beat the clock. I personally don't believe they have a place in the defensive category.

I was going to ask the same thing about the g19. I did not think it was available until I was on top.glock and there is a section detailing each model. You may want to check there. Also glocks website has a section about each model including the "c"

Thanks again for the replies,

I think I'll skip the C model. I don't plan on any serious competition shooting. Maybe I'll pick-up a G19 later if I try my hand at some IDPA. Even then, I could get by and have fun with my G20 if ammo price doesn't kill me. Doubletap has some good 500rd deals on 10mm though.

Yes, I've checked out TopGlock and the Glock site but was looking for some experienced input from here. TopGlock and Bud's seem to have the best prices I can find but I read over at Glock Talk that CDNN has the 20s recently for $449.99 w/extra mag. That's a heck of a price if I can get it. I'm sure that's with the base sights but I'm planning on adding Mepros anyway. Does anyone know if the stock Glock night sights are Mepros?

Thanks.

Stock Glock Night sites are indeed Meprolights.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    Stock Glock Night sites are indeed Meprolights.

Thanks floridaguy911,

I've been wondering that and haven't got an answer until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Thanks again for the replies,

I think I'll skip the C model. I don't plan on any serious competition shooting. Maybe I'll pick-up a G19 later if I try my hand at some IDPA. Even then, I could get by and have fun with my G20 if ammo price doesn't kill me. Doubletap has some good 500rd deals on 10mm though.

Yes, I've checked out TopGlock and the Glock site but was looking for some experienced input from here. TopGlock and Bud's seem to have the best prices I can find but I read over at Glock Talk that CDNN has the 20s recently for $449.99 w/extra mag. That's a heck of a price if I can get it. I'm sure that's with the base sights but I'm planning on adding Mepros anyway. Does anyone know if the stock Glock night sights are Mepros?

Thanks.
    Just remember that the 19 you may get for IDPA can't be one of the C models either. No compensated pistols allowed. Well, I guess you could get the C model but you would have to get the regular barrel to drop in for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    Just remember that the 19 you may get for IDPA can't be one of the C models either. No compensated pistols allowed. Well, I guess you could get the C model but you would have to get the regular barrel to drop in for competition.

Thanks jualdeaux,

I didn't realize that. Another reason to not get the C.

i just found out that my friend has his ccw and he carries a 23c and loves it

A while back a gentleman in the next stall at the range allowed me to shoot his G19C. This was before I purchased my G34. Let's just say that session convinced me to buy a Glock. That G19C shot smooth as butter! I put a hole everywhere I put the front sight. I currently do not have a compensated weapon, as my G34 is amazingly accurate, however, I do not see any drawback in having a carry weapon which reduces recoil enough to be not only accurate for the first shot, but for those follow up shots that may be necessary. Yes, this weapon would be a no-no for IDPA competition.
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

I own and use my Glock 23c for CCW and love it. I shoot it very well. It's a very, very reliable weapon and I've not had one issue with it. The ultimate decision is yours. I practice with this gun very often and am very aware of the comp's exhaust for a close quarters combat situation and practice for such situations.

Would I buy a Glock 19c - No, because I shoot my 19 very well. I don't believe you really need the comp for 9mm loads.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I spoke with a local gunshop owner this past week about "c" models. He told me that LEOs were not allowed to have compensated pistols because of the flash. In low light, you would be blinded by the flash.
    The most and best is known to the man who quits his bed before sunrise... who spends his days on the mountains and forests...who bears the heat and cold and hunger and thirst, for the love of nature...to visit the utmost refuges of beast and bird .....Alfred Pease

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links