budget polymer framed 9mm

This is a discussion on budget polymer framed 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well i had 3 picked out at the gunshow ,cz100, a steyr and a sigma sw9ve all new ,read the pros and cons on these ...

Thread: budget polymer framed 9mm

well i had 3 picked out at the gunshow ,cz100, a steyr and a sigma sw9ve all new ,read the pros and cons on these for a few years now and when i found out 22,000 sigma allied force models were sent to afghanistan for border police and for the new afghan army(writeup in handgunsmag.com that made me think hmmmm.also my buddy loves his sigma,i made my choice today the sigma i liked how it fit the hand and the trigger felt ok to me ,plus magazines will be easier to get,they were all 299.00 but i got 2 mags with the smithy. oh yeah new ruger sr9 and smith and wesson m/p were 499.00,just didnt see 200.00 more of a handgun.i know some people had some bad sigmas,but (imho)it was a logical choice.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    If this is NIB don't forget the rebate from S&W.
    Spring Spectacular - Smith & Wesson
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

ive heard about that,how do i go about getting that done,the dealer didnt say anytthing to me about it.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    You can probably download the form from Smith's website. Another option for you to consider is the EA Witness Poly 9mm. It prices out in the mid $300's.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Why not a Police trade in Glock for $300 from CDNN.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

yeah my neighbor has a witness polymer 1st one ive ever seen around here,he says its an ok gun but doesnt carry it anymore went to kahr instead .its not for sale.also my friend has a sigma9 and calls it his sig says about 4000 rounds through it and a glock 17 not a hickup from either keeps em clean,i like his glock it just didnt feel as good as his sigma.keeps the sigma in his jeep,actually from reading on about 6 different sights imho the sigma and glock are running about neck and neck as far as reliability and ftf or fte"s.i didnt know cdnn had any glocks theyre way higher then that around here,but the gunshop i go to runs more sigma sw9ve and rugers out the door then anything else in the bargain blaster catagory.

wife and i just picked up an M&P9c a couple weeks ago. with the Spring Spectacular event going on right now, it's really hard to beat their deal. we've both shot it, and both love it. unfortunately, it's her gun, which means i might just have to buy another one for me. :)

You made the right choice. I have a 40ve and would like to have a 9ve but we'll see. Right now I'm lusting after an SR9. The CZ100 has had some real issues regarding the trigger. You can read about that on the CZ forum. All the issues surrounding the Sigma during the first couple years have been addressed and it's fully proven now IMO. The trigger is still up around 9 to 11 lbs. but that's never been a problem for me and of course makes an AD less likely.

Congratulations on a great purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    +1

Regards,

Richard

Good choice! I just got rid of mines. No problems whatsoever except the trigger pull being so heavy.
    Smith and Wesson SW40VE -SOLD
    XD9 4'' -Current
    Kimber Ultra Carry II- coming

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Yeah, CDNN has some very good deals on new and used/refurb Glocks. Very nice people to deal with also. I just picked up a NIB G20 w/2 15r mags from them for $463 shipped. I couldn't pass that deal up. I'm sure they could swing you a deal on a new or used/refurb G19.

shoots good.

well me and my neigbor shot our pistols and me and him were suprised by the sigma, a few flyers but kept most in a dinner plate size group on my cheap targets,his witness shoots good a little tighter groups than the smith ,hes got 1,000 rounds through it.my tokarev 213 in 9mm jammed up pretty bad on varios ball ammo the rim is hanging on a lip on the feed ramp ,my star bm shot ok,but about 90 rounds through the sigma no problems,his wife has the kahr now,hes thinking of a sigma when he seen what i gave for mine.gunblast.com has a archive with a sw9ve vs glock 19 comparison that was interesting.well anyway im giving my ruger p89 to my brother.

Sr-9? They can be found at gunbroker.com for less than 400$.
    And I'm not sold on Sigma, everything about them is ok except the triggers are awful-IMO.

If you want to stay in that price range, I would personally look into a used handgun that has a great warranty in case there are any defects. I picked up another XD9 at a gunshow the other day for $350, and took it to the range and put about 300 rounds through it and no hiccups. A police trade in Glock for 300 sounds like an amazing deal also. If you are looking for a budget handgun with quality, I would not rule out used. More value for the money, IMHO.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I avoid the SIGMA like the pleague(sp), worst gun i have shot hands down. trade in glock is a fine choice.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Sponsored Links